Tammy and tommy and kucing gendut's mini escapades

Oh and bfast ? Seems every item was 18 up to 35 dollars for the steak and eggs

She had the excellent three piece French toast for 18 and I had the eggs Benedict for 18 and promptly remembered why I didn’t like eggs Benedict

Rather dislike it actually

With coffee and tea set me back 60 bucks

We shall seek other venues next time but the grounds were awesome so Tammy loved it and declared her next bday we should revisit the edge water for dinner

Took two slices of the French toast home …still good
As Tammy could only eat one slice

Came with a side of bacon and three different types of sausage which were good but I couldn’t finish

Eggs Benedict No More

1 Like

My favorite Tahoe ski resort. Do you ski? Maybe you can teach Tammy. Heavenly has great skiing and stunning scenery…highly recommended.

1 Like

Never tried skiing but want to.

Maybe one of these days Tammy and I can take a beginners class on a baby slope , think it’s like 100 each

We never had a car we could take up there in winter

Once we get one of those we will. I want to lease a Subaru the cheapest of which the Impreza could be had fir as little as 220 a month, about what we paid to lease our Prius C which we ended up buying .Should’ve gotten a subbie then

Tammys dream car is a TT but those lease for about 700 a month !! I keep telling her a subbie will suit us just fine

My dream car is a Ferrari and that won’t be happening anytime soon if not forever

So maybe we will work on her dream car
She is supposed to get a job so she can pay half

We will see

I still think a simple Impreza will do just fine

Who needs dream cars? They all cost money …lots of it

I took the gondola at heavenly once when they sold single ride tickets for 20 bucks ten years ago.

Was gorgeous

But now they seem to sell only day passes for something like 60 bucks so we will have to add that to the budget making it 120 plus two ski lessons for estimated 200 making it a pretty expensive one day baby ski lesson
But I’m sure for two tropical cats like us it will be a thrill

What makes the edge water a resort you ask
Besides some chairs at their private beach?
Well a world class golf course is attached and there is a skating rink and a pool
Didn’t see any tennis courts though
And there appears to be a small dock so perhaps they have some water sport equipment ?

I was wondering where the hell you been.

1 Like

Back when I used to ski in Tahoe, there were buses you could catch in Oakland that would take you up to the ski resorts in time for opening and take you back at closing time. Not sure if they’re still around, but very convenient if you want to get in a day of skiing and not have to worry about snow chains and logistics and stuff.

and with luck, they’re using the same buses :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to take them back in the 80s, so I hope not. :open_mouth:

1 Like

What’s she studying now?

It seems she’s been a student since a year after you started this thread. Without being harsh, 5 years seems a long time to be a student and not contribute financially - especially as she already had a Bachelors degree from her country.

1 Like

Yes tell me about it !!

5 years to do a two year degree
But it’s all about English
She had made huge strides from not being able to put together a sentence in English either verbally or in writing to where she is today I’m pretty proud of her

She’s a financial anchor as in drag not safe harbor but it’s an investment
I’m hoping she will do the heavy lifting economically when I’m ready to retire

Trying to get her into Berkeley so she can get a better degree

2 Likes

There’s no bus !
Actually Google Fu says there is a ski bus from Walnut Creek at oh dark thirty
Starting at 69

It’s this something you have discussed and she’s agreed to, or an assumption. If the latter then be careful because it’s a big leap.

By the way, is she applying for US permanent residency or citizenship? She should now be eligible.

1 Like

Yes but don’t worry if that should fail and God knows how often women fail tommy I shall survive

She’s been a green card holder for 8 years
She can get citizenship anytime with or without me

There’s no guarantees in life… you just live it or die trying

1 Like

By the time she enters the job market, you’ll be ready to retire! :grin:

1 Like

Or she may become a professional student and enters the job market just in time for what she learned to become obsolete

You should get her to learn a trade. Seriously. HVAC or something.

HVAC ?? Lol

Shoulda gotten me one of those slave
Girls to wait on me hand and foot
Clean cook and all that

Those women died out two centuries ago it seems

Careful, @tommy525. You live in California, and the suede-denim secret police are monitoring your communications. :grin:

I did say those died
Out two centuries ago

:grimacing:

By the time she graduates from her third degree, she’ll be pushing 30 and feeling the biological and parental pressure to have a kiddo.

That will be fun new thread :grin:

1 Like