🛬 🚌 Taoyuan Airport | Bus to Hsinchu at 6:30am

I will be arriving to Taiwan in the middle of June on a weekday at 6:30am. Short of taking car service are there any convenient and economical mass transit options?

Looks like the bus doesn’t leave until 8:30.

https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/buses?lang=en&t=5

1 Like

More expensive than the bus, but if it’s in your budget take the MRT (1st floor of TPE, or just ask for directions since there are plenty of minders thereabouts) to the Taoyuan HSR station, then taxi from Hsinchu HSR station to your destination there.

You can prebook HSR using the TExpress app. Looks like there are seats available as soon as 0715 on Saturday, 15-June. Make sure you give yourself roughly 30 minutes to clear the airport and board MRT, and another ~15 minutes to arrive at the HSR platform in Taoyuan (or bake in your own time needed get there).

4 Likes

Do you know how much it would cost for car service from the airport to Hsinchu? I was thinking of taking an Uber if the other options don’t work but it’s approx NT$2500+

I’m sorry, I can’t help you there. That last time I took a taxi from the airport to Hsinchu was during the covid lockdown of 2020, when public transportation was prohibited for those coming from outside Taiwan (i.e, no public transportation was a part of my quarantine). The price I paid was discounted heavily by the Taiwan government.

It’s a fairly long drive, though, so nt$2500+ sounds about right.

Good luck!

eta: You might think about trying to book a trip on Uber, then cancelling before you confirm your ride. Set the pick-up time to the time and date that fits you, and that should give you a rough idea of the actual price. Don’t forget to cancel if you don’t like the terms.

1 Like

Regular taxi (metered) will be about NT$1700. Just follow the signs and they’re right outside the exit. Its useful to have the address or hotel name written down. Generally a taxi gives a slightly shorter travel time than going via HSR to Hsinchu.