Taoyuan Airport über alles

That’s if you have egate.
I often had to wait a long time when travelling with overseas visitors due to large tour groups clearijg immigration .
Egate is still relatively fast but they need to open more now as many Taiwanese use it.

Was it duty free luxury water? :money_mouth_face:

It was duty free.

Absolutely. I’ve cut it close a couple times and made it door to gate in like 20 25 min in a rush. Easily the most efficient airport I’ve ever used.

1 Like

BTW, ‘duty free’ doesn’t mean cheaper.

Ever wonder why, after years of “upgrades” and “renovations,” TPE Terminal 2 is still a dump? Taoyuan prosecutors may have some answers:

Guy

4 Likes

went to thailand at the weekend. the don meueng airport actually made me take back almost everything bad i’ve ever said about taoyuan aiport. what a sad little shit box that airport is!

the food options were still better than post security terminal one though…

Interesting read on terminal 3…wonder if the 3rd round of bidding went ok…

Looking forward to this in a few years.

4 Likes

That airport was actually closed going to be torn down at one time but then the budget airlines got a hold of it. Had a little beautification since then but it’s still old.

Figures. And I had said it like 50 posts before. It is the only way this nightmare has been going so long and doing so bad. I mean, they can´t even steal well…

This guy says Taoyuan airport has an inordinate amount of traffic.

I also have a FB friend who lays over in TPE on his trips home to Indonesia. This actually isn’t surprising given Taiwan’s central location.

Two questions:

1. Is he right?
  2. Are we able to monetize this somehow?