Taoyuan best eateries

Probably me

I like the 食其家 (Sukiya) food outlet near Taoyuan railway station. Its bigger than other Taiwan ones with sit down service, cheap fast food like ones in Japan. There lots of cheaper Japanese food in area. Kaoshuing does have though better higher level food and more Japanese people it seems. Taipei is also near for good Japanese food.

2 Likes

For an excellent bowl of beef noodle soup, try Da Fang Lanzhou Ramen House.
Location: No. 389之2號, Yong’an Rd, Taoyuan District, Taoyuan City, 330

In Chinese: 330桃園市桃園區永安路389之2號

FB page: 大方蘭州麵食館

1 Like

Thank you good sir

Does any one have an all you can eat/drink Korean bbq and hotpot suggestion?

Haven’t lived in Taoyuan in over a decade but this place is an institution for seafood/rechao. Used to be a bit of a hole in wall but it’s since been done up with a nice garden area. I try to visit whenever I have a reason to be in Taoyuan.

大白鯊海產
03 316 7550

@Bucky

Can you provide us with your budget for meals? Are you more interested in <NT$500 meals, NT$1000, >$1000, etc?

Do you prefer Western fare or Chinese/Taiwanese?

Most of the restaurant I can suggest are Chinese/Taiwanese/Asian. Here are a couple more ideas:

台西鵝肉 (Taixi Goose Meat) Restaurant on Chongping Road No. 89號, Zhongping Rd, Taoyuan District, Taoyuan City, 330 This is a no frills eatery specializing in goose meat dishes. It’s hugely popular, and mighty delicious.

懶得煮客家麵食館 (Landezhu Hakka Restaurant) There are a few locations throughout Taoyuan. Google for the location nearest you. Low cost eatery for delicious and filling food. Use Google Translate (or whatever app you prefer) if you can’t read Chinese. The address nearest my home: 330桃園市桃園區龍安街151號

1 Like

and

Both on my want to go list. Haven’t visited due to the pandemic.

The next two places are recommended by a youtuber from Korea during the height of the pandemic. She got very home sick and visited these places often.

This place has Korean home cooking styled bento boxes

Jjambbong

I’m dying to try that Jjambbong place…

1 Like

Legend, thank you!

Google geese goose meat or buffet

That’s a wicked tongue twister. “Google geese goose,” alone is a mouthful.

Here’s one in for ya in return. “Tack shop saddlery store.”

not a best place, need be careful where you eat

As well as know where you’re gonna shit.

If you fancy Sichuan, my local gf turned me on to this place. It’s not fancy but has the classic dishes and it’s damn good.

1 Like

Honestly I prefer Chinese over Taiwan food. Stronger flavour