Taoyuan best eateries

Hello taoyuan locals.

I have been here a month now and starting to get a feel of the place. I am keen to explore outside of my neighbourhood and hit some restaurants.

I want to compile a list of great places to eat in Taoyuan and possibly do some youtube videos as there is really no exposure of Taouan.

Would love your input.

Cheers

Where in Taoyuan are you? Taoyuan city? Zhongli? Bade? Guishan? Near the airport?

Taoyuan City

What sort of food do you like?

There’s a reason for that.

1 Like

Au contraire, Mr. Presley. There are some damn good eateries in the Taoyuan area.

1 Like

Sure, but that means you actually have to go there.

2 Likes

Is it among the cities you’ve yet to visit, other than the airport?

I was expecting that. Look, Taoyuan is known to be the arsehole of Taiwan. Even Taiwanese people say so. Hence, it’s unlikely that there are going to be glowing reviews of restaurants there, as nobody wants to visit.

Yep well I am stuck here for the next five months, and I plan to make the most of it while I am here!

1 Like

Ask anyone from Taoyuan which city they love the most. It’s always Taoyuan.

Of course. My adult students from there always look at me in disbelief when I ask them how much binlang they chew, or what their gang affiliation is.
I made a post on Facebook a few days ago about how so many people are so concerned about carbon footprints and global warming, yet they still hypocritically squirt out children. It was loved by people with no kids, yet disdained with outrage by breeders.

I live in an orchard of peaches. You live in the third plain, whatever that is.

3 Likes

Here he comes to save the day. It’s Captain Joy.

Joy. Joy. Joy. Stamped all over his face. It’s Captain Joy.

2 Likes

I once had a student named Joy. She was the most miserable person I’ve ever met.

Anyway…Good restaurants any one?

2 Likes

Due to the pandemic, it’s been a couple of years since I’ve been back to Taoyuan city. I’m not sure if places I used to enjoy are still good or even still in business. I think I better leave this to people who actually live in Taoyuan.

Taoyuan has a good number of migrant workers, and as a result has many great Southeast Asian restaurants. Zhongzhen market is also known for Burmese eateries.

I used to visit the area near the Contemporary Art Center. Those places are more expensive, but not bad for a more fancy night out. There are also some of the largest night markets in Taiwan, such as Xingren Garden Night Market

One place I really love in Taoyuan is the Taoyuan shrine. You can also walk around Hushan afterwards.

There are some scenic places that I enjoy going to in Taoyuan county, not really close to downtown.

If you enjoy seafood, try to see if any locals would go to Zhuwei harbor with you.

Bike path from Yunan harbor to Xinwu green corridor.

Daxi’s Dharma noddles. Afterwards, walk around the Daxi shrine and the Old Street. If you got extra time, and want a bit of nature, you can walk to Yuemei Wetland Ecology Park and Shanzhuhu Ecology Park
https://goo.gl/maps/WiYp93MH51YJvvXb6

Sankeng Old Street and bike path to Daxi on the weekends is one of my favorites. Many stores only open on the weekends. My favorite mochi place on the West coast is a tiny street cart in Sankeng that only shows on weekends at the temple plaza.

https://goo.gl/maps/7jNXPGr1gP6Tqot86

You can bike towards Sankeng Ecology Park as well.

3 Likes

The best burger I’ve had in Taiwan is at a place called Yonah in Nankan. The owner’s a Christian. My wife thinks they’re too salty, but she’s wrong. I recommend the low carb burger. He uses lettuce instead of buns. It’s really delicious IMO.

1 Like

I second Zhuwei. Excellent fish.

1 Like

The burgers or the owners?

1 Like