Taoyuan Station - Fun Things to Do?

The place where I stay at is near Taoyuan Train Station. It seems that there are places to go and things to do near the station.

What places, things, etc have you experienced near Taoyuan Station? Just curious about your opinion.

In my opinion, a lot of major city centres in Taiwan surrounding the main station look and feel rather similar, with the exception of Kaohsiung, Banciao, Taipei and Keelung. Primarily, they are shopping.

If youā€™re looking for something interesting, I might recommend the 5096 bus from Taoyuan Main Station to Dasi. It comes fairly often and Dasi is a historic centre with two old streets and food like Dougan. Just run the bus between the termini and donā€™t get off until the end. Real easy.

Behind the station (near the aforementioned bus station) are a bunch of southeast asian restaurants there as many southeast asians like to hang out there. But other than shopping? I donā€™t think thereā€™s much nearby.

1 Like

I think I heard whores roam around there.

1 Like

There are a few live music places like Monster and sometimes HOP Pizza. I have never been to either.

Taoyuan station isnā€™t really known for having many things to do. Some clubs like Monster and WETA. The H.O.P. foreigners Pizza.

Two stops away Zhongli has more.

Whatā€™s there in Zhongli?

Thai and Filipino discos, so Iā€™ve been told.

Take a train to someplace else

4 Likes

Thereā€™s one of those massive outdoor duty-free (or just discounted? I donā€™t know) strip malls that Asians love across the street from the HSR, if youā€™re into shopping and shit. Some overpriced chain lunch places are there like TGIFs too.

So thatā€™s the regular (台鐵, TRA) station, not the HSR (高鐵) station, right?

Go to Thai town for good and cheap lunch.

Yes

1 Like

You have my sympathy.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.