Tap water - to drink or not to drink?

Haha, giving her the refrigerator treatment for a few days should do the trick, I imagine.

And yes, you GOT ripped off.

A future way of treating this:

Tell the wife that you will fund 50%. That should sort her out OK.

[quote=“Mr He”]
After using my NT$1,400 brita filter on boiled water, I will get rid of the impurities and the taste of chlorine. [/quote]
Is there any reason for boiling first before filtering? I use my brita filter on tap water first and then boil the filtered water. Or is there no difference in the order?

I don’t think so.

@ Mr.He:

I need to get a water purifaction / filter system to go into the wife’s new NT$400k MFI kitchen… I’d like a system that removes as much of the heavy metals / chemicals and general garden variety filth that’s in the tap water here, but since the wife’s selection process for the rest of the appliances so far has been “just choose the most expensive imported model on the list, it must be good…” I’d like to go for function over form on the water filter…

I know there rev. osmosis can only do so much, but as the resident water filration expert are there any manufacturers / models that score particularly high on the Mr.He scale of water filtration units?.. BTW it will need to supply both the auto ice maker / water cooler unit in the fridge and the regular filtered water tap in the kitchen…

thanks… :notworthy:

I am at times exporting cheap arse water filters to Australia for use in commercial espresso machines, and know where I can get the cheapest NSF certified filters.

By all means, go for a local one, RO is fine. Get a good one, as mentioned, but no need to go imported, remember that a fair number of filters and cartridges sold globally come out of… you guessed it, Taiwan, and made by the same guys selling NT$20 cartridges in RT Mart.

You have a 5 micron cartridge, there goes your garden variety filth. (you can even had a 1 micron cartridge, however you have to change it more often, or you can splash out and get a ceramic filter, which goes down to o.7 micron).

You have the active carbon, there goes your clorine. (The NT$200 brita cartrigde has a fair bit of active carbon in it.

You have either resin or phosphate, there goes water hardness.

Then you can have different kinds of other mineral filters doing this or that, but hte ones above are the important ones.

And if the filter is NSF certified, then you are godo to drink a lot.

I don’t care how well-filtered it is, I’m not drinking arse water. Those Aussies sure are strange.

I don’t care how well-filtered it is, I’m not drinking arse water.[/quote]I don’t drink American beer either.

ok at my apt house they got the water filter thing…do you still need to boil water from that or you can drink from that? they put water from that into this big water bottle thing where it has hot and warm water…but the warm water is just straight from the water you put it in…doubt it was boiled and then goes to warm water thing…

I have a reverse osmosis water filtration system. I drink water direct from that with no problems.

I also have a reverse osmosis sytems andhrjk I DRINK DRINK NGH! NGH! sorry the water from that from that without any problems. K’niggit. Wibble. Hatstand. Problems. Not at all. Half past three. No problem. Ribbit.

Frogification is sometimes a side effect.

Frogification is sometimes a side effect.[/quote]

No, I don’t think he’s french.

Frogification is sometimes a side effect.[/quote]

No, I don’t think he’s french.[/quote]

So than he is one of the kind you kiss (or did you have to throw it on the wall?) and it becomes a prince? What a chance for all the girls out there. :wink:

I often drink water straight from the tap and I’ve never gotten sick.

Yeah, you look like a fine woman in your avatar. :astonished:

Yeah, you look like a fine woman in your avatar. :astonished:[/quote]

indeed, think you better have that tail looked at. might be some contamination somewhere in the pipes over there

And I was always so damn proud of my tail. I’ve been told it’s my selling point. Now I’m going to need therapy to fix my crushed self-esteem. But really, my vet also said you can drink the water here. Animals drink it, don’t they? Or do people give their animals bottled water too?

:blush:

If God intended for man to drink water, he wouldn’t have fostered the development of Scotch.

Bottoms up!

OOC

You drink tap water and you are asking for trouble. Sooner or later it will find you.