Tapatalk, ruining browsing forumosa

BTW, what’s ‘tapatalk’? I ask because it’s a slow loader and slows down my browsing experience significantly …

It’s for browsing via smartphone but it’s seems to be useless lately - I can’t even connect to the Tapatalk network on my phone anymore and they (Tapatalk) want to charge me again if I try to update the software.

yeah, that software seems to belong in the doghouse.

My browser takes more than 30 seconds to load sometimes and all I see is a blank screen with a note on the bottom left that says “waiting for tapatalk.” Yesterday was especially bad. I almost filmed it to show how bad it is to the site’s administration. Sitting there rolling my thumbs for 30-40 seconds to open a page just frustrates me. I just close the browser and forget about forumosa for a while. It’s just not working so not point in trying to use it. “Temporarily out of order.”

Get rid of it, please. :thumbsdown:

I’m using it on an iPhone 4 on Chungwha telecom and have absolutely no problems with it.
I just checked now and it still opens up fast for me.
Is there other mobile forum viewing software out there?

I’m not refuting your experiences at all, but they are completely strange to me. Forumosa loads up for me lighting fast, whether I’m logging in as admin, or as Gustav, my regular smurf account. And it’s a brilliant app on my iPhone - but I have the paid version, so maybe that makes a difference.

I will be looking into this closely, though, so hang in there. We’ll figure this out.

[quote=“maoman”]I’m not refuting your experiences at all, but they are completely strange to me. Forumosa loads up for me lighting fast, whether I’m logging in as admin, or as Gustav, my regular smurf account. And it’s a brilliant app on my iPhone - but I have the paid version, so maybe that makes a difference.

I will be looking into this closely, though, so hang in there. We’ll figure this out.[/quote]I’ll film it when it does it again so you can have a look. Thanks for looking into this. :bow:

Is it a cookie or a banner from tapatalk that obstructs us … it’s not everytime … must be something they can get rid off …

I’m also running the paid version. LOVE IT! Did I mention that?

Strangely enough, I’ve never had that problem on my iphone and I don’t use tapatalk. The problem is happening on my notebook.

If it’s any help, I’m pretty sure I’m only having this problem when the site is very busy. Weekends and late evenings never seem to be a problem. It’s as if tapatalk is having a hard time dealing with the heavy traffic on Forumosa. :ponder:

My problem is getting onto Tapatalk not forumosa so much. Based on the replies above, it doesn’t seem to be an issue for others so I’ll have to do some troubleshooting when I get time.

Please don’t separate from tapatalk! I use it exclusively for reading Forumosa. Seriously, I haven’t used a web browser in close to a year now (ok, maybe a dozen times).

I keep my setting to auto-login, and tapatalk works fast and flawlessly. I don’t load signatures and I can’t view embedded YouTube links (I can open YouTube links from within tapatalk just fine as long as the link is explicit and the file is available for mobile apps), but otherwise getting around is very easy and fast, even on AT&T’s 3G network.

Tapatalk is a very sweet app IMO!

Well, that’s great for you, Flike. But for me, it’s broken.

This problem is difficult to deal with, I assume, if the people looking into it have the same experience as Flike, Josefus.

Here’s what EVIL tapatalk does to my computer. 14 seconds into the video, I refresh the browser. From there it takes an additional 30 seconds for tapatalk to respond. :thumbsdown: I don’t like to complain but these are serious delays, and it’s even slower than this sometimes.

[quote=“RobinTaiwan”]Here’s what EVIL tapatalk does to my computer. 14 seconds into the video, I refresh the browser. From there it takes an additional 30 seconds for tapatalk to respond. :thumbsdown: I don’t like to complain but these are serious delays, and it’s even slower than this sometimes.

[/quote]
Thanks very much for that, Rob! It’s nothing I’ve ever experienced before, but you showed it plainly. Tech will be looking into this soon!

That’s what I was talking about …