TARC without Parent's Marriage Record?

Is it possible to get a TARC without my parent’s marriage being registered in Taiwan? My mother is a Taiwan National and has active Household Registration. My father is a US citizen and lives in the US. I entered Taiwan using the temporary passport acquired from TECO.

My mother tried registering the marriage in Taiwan without success.

I have all other required documents (Background check, birth certificate, parent’s US marriage certificate all authenticated and translated).

I’ve been to the Immigration Agency nearly a dozen times at this point, and I feel like they give me different requirements every time. I’ve already been in Taiwan for nearly 5 months, and my allowed time is almost over.

Do you know the reason she cannot register the marriage?

1 Like

My father changed his name when he was naturalized in the US so is name doesn’t match the name on the marriage certificate. The household registration office said that they’d need an original copy of the name change decree which we haven’t been able to obtain. At the same time however, they told us we shouldn’t need to register the marriage for me to obtain the TARC. However, the immigration agency insists otherwise.

both of hhro and nia are under moi. you could submit a petition to moi. im guessing your mother could help you on chinese.

they might find that you can apply for tarc without marriage registered, or they could handle your case as a special case.

https://aarc.moi.gov.tw/QA