Tattoos? Nah!

youtube.com/watch?v=vYmgfTGoxok

Not for me. I dont want no tatoo. And I dont think they are hot on ladies at all.

I dont want my girl tattooed. NO sir.

the most i can tolerate is maybe a tramp stamp.

rats! How do I convince my boss to write something about it? Cool, thanks for the link, Tommy.

Tattoos are great down the line for anyone who wants to remember how stupid they were in their youth.

From hanzismatter, a blog:

ā€œmy girlfriend has this tattoo and she thinks it says friendship.ā€ (醜 = ugly)

ā€œMy brother recently got a tattoo that he believe translates to ā€˜fast and furious.ā€™ā€ (čæ… = fast, ē¬Ø = dumb)

ā€œMy brother in law thinks this says ā€˜trust in Godā€™.ā€ (ē„žäæ”ē”Ø = godly credit, as in credit score)

And last, 儳ē„ž gets split into three different characters:

Just say no to Chinese tattoos.

Well, just say no to any tatto whose meaning you ignore. I seem to recall that in Japanese the words ā€œninjaā€ and ā€œhemorroidā€ are awfully similar. Also, change one letter of many words in a number of languages and youā€™ll have a problem, especially if you write it indelebly on your body.

I believe itā€™s hemorrhoid (ē—”) and samurai (侍), actually. Why would anyone go for a tattoo they donā€™t fully understand?

Exactly my (and possibly your) point. They shouldnā€™t.

My opinion on them is not based upon what I ,personally think . It is about what others may think about the wearers. I fear that if you have one done at a young age,you may change your Job/Partner,many things,making the tattoo totally unsuitable.I know all the people with Tattoos will say ā€œI donā€™t care what others thinkā€.
That is a fine sentiment but naĆÆve.
If you are settled,mature and know where you are in Lifeā€¦do what you want. If you are starting out in this crazy World,you are potentially limiting the choices,later on. The Girl/Boy of your dreams may hate them,a potential employer may hate them. If you get one.I feel you have not considered the future properly.
I donā€™t mind some Tattoosā€¦I just remember in the 70s I would have had my Platform shoes welded on to my feet ā€¦if it was possible. Thought they were trendy then.
Times change,Tattos do not. Just consider carefully.
Grandpa signing off :grandpa:

[quote=ā€œshiadoaā€]My opinion on them is not based upon what I ,personally think . It is about what others may think about the wearers. I fear that if you have one done at a young age,you may change your Job/Partner,many things,making the tattoo totally unsuitable.I know all the people with Tattoos will say ā€œI donā€™t care what others thinkā€.
That is a fine sentiment but naĆÆve.
If you are settled,mature and know where you are in Lifeā€¦do what you want. If you are starting out in this crazy World,you are potentially limiting the choices,later on. The Girl/Boy of your dreams may hate them,a potential employer may hate them. If you get one.I feel you have not considered the future properly.
I donā€™t mind some Tattoosā€¦I just remember in the 70s I would have had my Platform shoes welded on to my feet ā€¦if it was possible. Thought they were trendy then.
Times change,Tattos do not. Just consider carefully.
Grandpa signing off :grandpa:[/quote]

Yeah, my mom got one in her fifties, didnā€™t slow her down one bit. On the other hand I know several people who now have to wear long sleeves to work if they want to keep their jobs.

I donā€™t care one way or the other, but the young guy who works in the convenience store down the street from my house has effectively ensured a lifelong career as a convenience store worker with the tattoos on his fingers, hands and upper neck (not to mention those giant hoop things in his ears). If thatā€™s what he wants, thatā€™s fine, all I know is that what I wanted at his age (18) was very different than what I wanted when I hit my 30s.

weknowmemes.com/2013/04/chicken- ā€¦ se-tattoo/

asia.elliottback.com/bad-chinese-tattoos

And hundreds more at failblog.cheezburger.com/ugliesttattoos

(I think the character åŖ½ would make a great tattoo for a well-muscled arm!)

Mmmm,this pic does make the point about Humans changing their views, as life rolls on. :liar:

2 Likes

Driving through Orofino, Idaho one day in my SL MB with wife unit. She spies a tat shop and I am forced to stop. She browses the albums and spots a tat of Donald Duck. Since that has been my nick from day one, I was coerced (forced) to drop trou. in the shop, in full view of the sidewalk, hope nobody was going to lunch, and get a Donald tat on my ass.
WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION

On the other hand, Chinese symbols that make noo sense and a full body tats just look ridiculous. Possible exception the the Maori aboriginals in New Zealand. If I was a a new comer to the island from England, I would have pissed and soiled my pants as I ran.
EDIT:
By the way, I spent some mountain time with the Amai First Nations folks. There are still a few women with full face tats. What a wonderful experience. Certainly, one in a lifetime.

[quote=ā€œshiadoaā€]Mmmm,this pic does make the point about Humans changing their views, as life rolls on. :liar:

[/quote]

Are hipster suppose to be ironic?

1 Like

I used to play shows in a rock band, so Iā€™ve seen many crazy tattooā€™s, I donā€™t mind them at allā€¦ i actually like the tattooed pin-up type (a la suicide girls-esque) as much as I like a no-tattooed, calm, professional office lady.

Maybe thatā€™s a vegan hot dog. Maybeā€¦

Heheā€¦

The biggest tatoo convention in Taiwan will take place this weekend in Kaohsiung. tattoo.org.tw/

International Convention Center Kaohsiung
No.274, Jhongjheng 4th Rd., Yancheng Dist., Kaohsiung City 80347, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
(Only 3 minutes walk from KMRT station)

My uncle sent me a picture of his friendā€™s Chinese character tattoo. His friend told him it means ā€œFriendshipā€ in Chinese, but my uncle decided to consult with an expert on it, so he asked me.

I told him that it truly does mean friendship, BUT itā€™s not a Chinese character!

492EE0E8-3547-436A-97F7-81EED7FEA814

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really special friendship and doesnā€™t take an expert to see it. Or maybe my mind is just seeing things.

1 Like

That equals dumb!:rofl:

Took place like three weeks ago in Songshan Cultural Park.