Tax filing with APRC

Not sure if this question has been asked, but hopefully someone with knowledge about the matter can point me in the right direction.

I have a APRC and are planning on only working part time. Total hours a week will probably be only 10. The school will pay me cash at the end of the month.

Do I have to declare this income? Is there a minimum amount one has to declare? I am really not sure what to do and do not under any circumstances want to jeopardise my APRC so I want to do everything legally required of me.

Main reason for doing this is to have a year off teaching full time and just to have some free time doing things I like.

I know I can pay my health insurance for the year out of pocket and have no issues with that. It is mainly the tax issue that I am not sure of and are worried about.

If your income is below 408k, you don’t need to report.

8.8萬元免稅額+標準扣除額12萬元+20萬元的薪資所得特別扣除額

2 Likes

I took a year off of work after getting my APRC to study Chinese full time. Had no income, just living off my savings. Paid for NHI myself. It was no problem at the tax office that I didn’t have an income for that year.

That’s one of the perks of having an APRC: Open work permit, or even no work at all.

3 Likes

How much was the NHI payment for this setup?

It was $749/month, paid every 2 months. That was eight years ago. Last year I started self-pay again and the price was still the same up until this past month when it went up to $826.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! Really appreciate it.