Tax question

I don’t think this topic is here already, but what do you do if your school got you an ARC through another school and then switched it when they became legal. Then they gave you a white tax paper thingy for the 2 months you have been paying tax working for them. What about the 6 month gap where you had an ARC with the other school and didn’t pay tax? I know the tax office will ask about the gap. This must be a very common situation I would think.

The tax people don’t care if you have a work permit or not. However, they do expect you to make a reasonable level of salary to support yourself.

(Don’t ask me what is “reasonable” . . . . it depends on a lot of factors, including how you dress . . . . and where you live, such as a high class section of Taipei vs. some country backwater . . . . )

HENCE, the school needs to give you the paperwork for all the time you have worked for them . . . . . and (1) they should consider the time at another school as their branch school, -or- (2) they should require the accounting department there to give you the withholding statements for the time worked there . . . . .

BUT OF COURSE, if they just paid you straightaway, and now you want them to deal with this withholding thing . . . . they may ask you to fork over 20% as being “the tax money which was not withheld” . . . . . . so ideally speaking, you should state your understanding was that you were being paid a salary figure after tax, but they may not agree . . . . . so I suspect it will be a problem . . . . .