Taxes, are they morally wrong?

You didn’t answer the question. Why did comcast have no competition? What was the direct cause for the lack of competition for comcast?

You already know the answer, it’s a losing argument. IDK why you keep trying to beat around the bush.

1 Like

I lost track of what you were talking about long ago actually.

You can use this as my default reply to this and any further posts:

Andrew, you’re right.

And since you have all the answers already, we can conclude this fascinating discussion here. It’s Sunday. Go for a walk, hug your loved ones. Watch some sports on TV. Draw a picture.

You can’t keep up with one simple question? :rofl:

Taxes is needed for some projects that the people can use in the near future, I just hope that its not that big since we also have some bills to pay. Everything has a tax.

There are two types of rich:

1. Those who earn it, by cleverness and effort rising from poverty. Many of them make the world a better place while they’re at it. More power to them.

2. Those who are “fortunate” i.e. privileged. They got their money more or less handed to them, and have no idea how things work because they’ve never had to make things work in order to eat. These kids are at best fraught with stupid white liberal guilt, and take to spouting the standard platitudes and expressing their vast ignorance with the utter conviction of the brainwashed. At worst, they decide they’re the vanguards of the revolution.

I would love to see all of #2 forced to dig ditches for a living. My only problem with a %100 inheritance tax is that the government would get all the money, and they’re just an arm of the ruling class.

Which is why #2 tend to love big government. They’re best friends with those parasites. Golf at the same country clubs and everything.

My idea: scam the rich. Every bunko scheme that preys only on the very wealthy should be legal. This way the money ends up in the hands of the more intelligent. Not necessarily the needy, but it’s a step in the right direction.

Yeah, I’ve just made the case for Scientology. Oh, and tony liberal arts colleges.

Wow, such a radical anti-colonial message! :astonished: Too bad it doesn’t answer the questions. :cactus:

Which, btw, were (1) as quoted above and (2) even if we suppose Crown property is special and worthy of seizure by the violent radical leftist extremist peasant masses, what about the private property (of the gentry) that also gets seized during the course of a revolution?

Is that the leading Originalist interpretation of that clause? If so, please provide a source.

I know exactly the kind of people you mean…

Wait. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Which island did you say you live on?

There you go again pretending to be the Chairman’s long lost twin. :roll: You know he actually tried that scheme back in the 60’s/70’s, right?

1 Like

Um, no. He did that with type #1

It’s never a good idea to punish people for having useful skills.

Every government’s authority ultimately rests on force. George III was entitled to whatever he could keep. It turned out he could not keep the American colonies, so… mandate of Heaven, or somesuch.

The American Revolution was illegal at first, but legal after the fact. That’s how it works when you win.

How about the undocumented workers that skillfully build decks for the rich people you despise at a fraction of the cost? Where do they fit in to your schemata?

“Those who are “fortunate” i.e. privileged. They got their money more or less handed to them, and have no idea how things work because they’ve never had to make things work in order to eat”

A beautiful description of your boy Donny. Lucid!

He loves big government so much he increased spending and raised the US deficit from 779 billion to a trillion in 2019. Plays a lot of golf too.

Apparently, you missed @yyy’s discussion about Uber :smiling_face:

Have you ever read a history book in your life? :wall:

“But Ubers aren’t taxis!” Shame on you for not toeing the line, Comrade Finsky. Ten pages of self criticism, pronto! :no_no:

You really don’t understand professional skills at all, do you?

No disrespect to the trades, but it’s the supervisors and drafters of blueprints who have the knowledge, not the no-habla-ingles trained monkeys they employ.

Seriously. Those guys don’t know shit. Not at all comparable to doctors and architects.

Again: it’s not about who pays. It’s about who collects:

https://outline.com/PpwMze

Public sector unions are morally wrong.

1. Your link doesn’t work.
  2. “Unions, are they morally wrong?” is a separate question (whether public or private).

I would add a point about what you call monkeys, but it’s more fun to watch you earthlings argue about it.

If they had no skills, people wouldn’t keep paying them under the table to do jobs would they?

You as a no-habla zhong wen trained monkey with little knowledge serving Taiwanese with advanced degrees should be able to relate to them.

Hey @Andrew0409 did you catch the interview here?

:popcorn:

You realize I’ve always been outspoken about the biases of Fox News right?

I hadn’t noticed. I barely even glance at IP these days.

Whatever you think of FN in general, that interview (about the great tax debate) is a gem. :gem: