Taxi Ride Airport to Taipei City

I was hoping someone might know an approxamation of how much a taxi ride from Tauoyun Airport to Chiang Kai Shek Memorial would cost? Thanks

It used to be 1,200 NT$ … about

You can find people online who do it for as little as 600. Not real taxis, just people with cars trying to make some $.

How about a nice Lexus with open mini bar? 850 nts, door to door.

Or a van, sitting 9 people, 900 nts.

Luckily I learnt my lesson and won’t use the airport taxi’s (with their 150% charge). Last time I called a private taxi :slight_smile:

I don’t know what your purpose is in getting a taxi, but just FYI there’s always the airport bus to the Taipei Train Station, then MRT to CKS. Easy and much cheaper.

[quote=“Icon”]How about a nice Lexus with open mini bar? 850 nts, door to door.

Or a van, sitting 9 people, 900 nts.[/quote]

could I have the numbers for both please. PM if you must…thanks!

Van rental -with driver: 2557-2222
Kage had posted about an even cheaper van/driver combo. I have the other number -of the luxury one- at home. :blush:

Here from a previous similar topic:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75991&hilit=van

[quote]0936 178 505
02 2273 9910

Lin Sheu-Dong
work number 02 2918-2900 ext. 215
dong@sinovan.com.tw
[/quote]

Thanks for the responses. I am finally arriving in Taiwan next week and me and my buddy are trying to figure out the best way to apartment. I’ve read the forums and from what people say when arriving with a bunch of luggage the best is to just get a taxi.

Icon would I call the van or Lexus (mini bar sounds awesome, do you have that number for the Lexus?) upon arriving in Taipei, or did I have to schedule it beforehand? Also, do they speak English?

Mr. Wells Chou

He speaks English.

Ehem, just one thing: mini bar inside, yes, but the car is now a Wish. Times are hard. :blush:

But then you’ll be more confortable, more spacious, can bring more lugggage and friends. :smiley:

If you buy your plane tickets with your Citibank credit card, they will give you a ride for free to the airport.

And take a taxi please !

In case those don’t work out, we’ve got a very nice young guy we use, who drives a nice, new, clean black car of some kind and charges NT800 from CKS to Songshan. I can provide details upon request.