Tea pillows

Tea leaf stuff pillows in Taipei? Would be a life saver! Thanks in advance!

Try the small bedding shop in your neighborhood!
If you can’t find it, I know there is one on Xing An Street close to Lung Chiang Road.

[quote=“I am a City Girl”]Try the small bedding shop in your neighborhood!
If you can’t find it, I know there is one on Xing’an Street close to Lung Chiang Road.[/quote]

I’ve tried every bedding shop in the area (i’m in hsinchu during the week)…What neighborhood in Taipei is the store you’re referring to?

Please forgive me for my ignorance, but don’t they sell tea leaves everywhere, and pillow casings at bedding shops? Is a ‘tea pillow’ somehow different than just stuffing the latter with the former?

I found one in Carrefour, one side of the casing is made of weaved palm leaf. Aroma is too strong for me though makes me nauseous.

[quote=“mikshoton”][quote=“I am a City Girl”]Try the small bedding shop in your neighborhood!
If you can’t find it, I know there is one on Xing’an Street close to Lung Chiang Road.[/quote]

I’ve tried every bedding shop in the area (i’m in Hsinchu during the week)…What neighborhood in Taipei is the store you’re referring to?[/quote]

Hi,
It’s ZhongShan Dist.
The shop is opposite to A from the following google map link, I think.
maps.google.com.tw/maps?hl=zh-TW … a=N&tab=wl

I saw some nice looking Chinese pillows in Carreforre the other day. Some with tatami coverings and some with bamboo slat coverings. not sure of the filling though.

Costco has some very overpriced ones.

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up finding on in a small alley a few blocks from my apartment. The pillow “case” is made of thin/soft bamboo strips, the lady at the store said this is better for mold and stink. Used it for a few days, the aroma hasn’t been too overpowering. It’s a little smaller than a normal bed-pillow, got it for 400NT. Just in case anyone else out there is interested!

I love thos ethings but my question is: how do you clean them? I mean, how do you clean bamboo? And that is not the sort of thing you dump in the washer…