Teach Taiwan (TeachEnglish.com)

“Teach Taiwan” as in www.instajobasia.com A well-known recruiter without a physical address? They deal with government schools and advertise all over the place. Someone told me some of their agents are terrible at their jobs, and I know where they are coming from there because a friend of mine talked with someone who was less than helpful.
But here’s the thing, the standard contract I saw is dreadful and has some rotten clauses in it. Would anyone working for/through this recruiter care to comment? Might be useful to anyone applying…

2 Likes

Ah,
No. 51 Xincheng 1st Road, 7F
Wugu District, New Taipei City
FYI

They recruit for public schools. I haven’t had a problem with them. Generally, don’t trust a recruiter with anything. They prey on newbies.

3 Likes

I have been employed by them and they are ok. The only issue that I have had is the fact that no one informed me when signing contract for 6 months equals no ARC.

What clauses did you read?

Nothing was mentioned in the contract about the fact that ARC will not be given because it is 6 month contract. I found out once I started my work.

1 Like

I read all of them. It’s a standard contract. Anyone thinking of working at a government school should read the contract carefully. I don’t want to say what I found objectionable, people can decide for themselves if it is a reasonable contract or not. Can’t upload the PDF file, but you can download a sample here.

Interesting. So, you are persona non grata for six months :astonished:

Why do you think so? I teach in a state junior school, my visa is valid for half a year so is my contract. I have work permit as well.

1 Like

Well, that’s fine then. Of course, you can’t do many things without an ARC, but as long as your visa and work permit are good then you are not persona non grata.