Teachers needed for Bilingual 2030 policy research

Hello everyone, I am currently working on a Master’s research project on English education in Taiwan.

I am looking for native English-speaking teachers or teaching assistants at elementary, middle, or high schools who would be open to taking part in a short interview about their work and the Bilingual 2030 policy. Ideally, participants would work at a school that has at least one bilingual class/program.

The interview would be online or in a location convenient to you - don’t worry, teachers in remote areas are encouraged to get in touch. Please let me know if you’re interested or if you’d like any more details - you can reach me at 19182227@brookes.ac.uk. Please also feel free to pass this on to any acquaintances who may be interested. Hopefully this research would be an interesting opportunity to share your experiences and views on the policy. Thank you!

Wondering what you’re defining as a “bilingual class/program”? Most schools that claim to be bilingual are either the best attempt at full English immersion (for smart children only) or just a typical EFL class that’s no different than what’s been going on in Taiwan for the past 30ish years. And then there are like two public schools in the country with legitimate international classes where the students use textbooks from Canada and the US and cannot be Taiwanese to attend (and, teachers from one of those schools tell me, have terrible to nonexistent Chinese, so very not “bilingual” for Taiwan’s needs)

Or are you just looking for any English teacher working in a school?

Hi, thank you for your reply. Any native English-speaking teacher working in a non-international school would be suitable.

1 Like