Teaching in Taiwan as a Filipino

Join our group on Facebook: [Filipino English Teachers in Taiwan (English Teachers from the Philippines)]

1 Like

Does Taiwan already accepts Philippine passport holders for English Teacher job? I just received a job offer as an English Teacher Assistant. Will I encounter problems with the work permit since I did not qualify the native English speaking country requirement and my University Certificate is not listed on the top 500 universities on the MOE.

The Philippines uses English as an official language, therefore FILIPINOS are basically qualified. However, you need to request that your school be listed by CHED so the Taiwanese Government can provide you a can qualify.

1 Like

your univ doesn’t need to be listed on the top 500, but your degree should be varified by TECO in Manila and should be evaluated and acknowledged as equivalent with ROC degree.

Add: this is if your univ is a Filipino school.

Hi lyvonej20, I also have the same question. What happened with your application? Did you got the job and now in Taiwan?
I also received a job offer at Shane English School. Did you also got your offer from same school?

Hi. i‘ve been wanting to teach English online (im a filipino residing in Taiwan but have no BSED diploma from back home, but im willing to qualify for an english teaching certification like TESL) but i don’t know any legit websites for the said online job. if anybody is willing to share some (1) legit online teaching sites as well as (2) legit TESL or any online teaching courses that one would need to qualify for teaching online, i would really appreciate some information. thank you so much. :pray:

I found a recommendation by a poster. I don’t know about it by myself.