Teaching in Yanshui or Xinying

I don’t post much, but I’m here daily for great information (and for some good laughs as well)…THANKS for having such a great forum!

I’ve finally settled in Taiwan and am currently residing in Yanshui because my relatives reside here (I might also be living in Kaohsiung at times and may need to find a job there as well…but that’s later…possibly).

A little about me…I have dual citizenship from the U.S. and Taiwan. I was born in Taiwan, but all my school years were in California, and I’ve been working there with my BS degree for over 10 years. I speak more Mandarin than Chinese, but my strength is English. Correct me if I’m wrong but from I’ve read, I’m very likely going to be picking up jobs that others ‘don’t want’ (due to my looks and qualifications) with a lot less pay…but it’s all good as long as I can the age group that I like and something stable with ‘decent’ pay.

I don’t know the area well, except that there aren’t many english schools here in Yanshui/Xinying. Just wondering if you guys have any recommendation as far as where to look. All advices welcome! :astonished: :slight_smile:

THANKS! :notworthy:

Can’t give any school names for Yanshui or Xinying but you shouldn’t feel discouraged. These kinds of towns are pretty good for finding work. Foreigners prefer living in the bigger cities and the few who do live in the boonies are often… mmm… how can I put this… are often “different.” Well, except for me.

Do you have any teaching experience?

[quote=“almas john”]Can’t give any school names for Yanshui or Xinying but you shouldn’t feel discouraged. These kinds of towns are pretty good for finding work. Foreigners prefer living in the bigger cities and the few who do live in the boonies are often… mmm… how can I put this… are often “different.” Well, except for me.

Do you have any teaching experience?[/quote]

almas john–thanks for the encouragement :bow:

I do not have prior teaching experience but I love kids and enjoyed working with them in the past (as a rehab therapist)…I know nothing beats experience and confidence when dealing with children…but I hope my small body frame will be more of a benefit rather than a hinderance when working with them :pray:

A little off topic but is there a place that you guys meet up (to have some coffee or snacks, etc…) in Yenshui or Xinying? :slight_smile: