TeaParty mob thread (part 2)

Sorry I missed it. Just happened to stumble across this one. There are people on both sides of the issue who have trouble staying on topic.

What is the Tea Party?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMUVFctJ2Xw

Sorry but let me repeat my challenge. Where is the proof of spitting/the hurling of racial invectives? Where? IF these are not supplied, I would warrant that this thread constitutes slander/libel. Mods be careful that you don’t have some smart lawyer come after you for helping propogate falsehoods. Smirk. Smirk!

The proof is in the various credible eyewitnesses who saw and heard the incidents and testified to what they saw. That sort of proof is admissible as evidence in any court and is regularly used to support verdicts in civil and criminal cases. It’s your turn now to prove that those congressmen and others who gave such testimony were lying, and absence of video footage to confirm their testimony fails to do that.

Anyway, speaking of tea party and race. . .

[quote]Rand Paul, the Tea Party candidate who challenged the Republican establishment to win the party’s Senate nomination in Kentucky two days ago, criticized a landmark civil rights law on Thursday, landing himself in a potentially damaging dispute over civil rights and race. . .

Mr. Paul, in a series of television and radio interviews, suggested that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was too broad and should not apply to private businesses. . .

he raised similar concerns earlier in the day about the Americans with Disabilities Act in an interview on National Public Radio.

Asked by Ms. Maddow if a private business had the right to refuse to serve black people, Mr. Paul replied, “Yes.” [/quote]
nytimes.com/2010/05/21/us/po … f=politics

But, he’s also no genius when it comes to holding corporations accountable for polluting the environment or killing their workers.

[quote]Rand Paul, the newly nominated Republican candidate for Senate from Kentucky, touched off more controversy on Friday by calling the Obama administration “un-American” for taking a tough stance with BP over the company’s handling of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. . .

“I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business. . . I think it’s part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it’s always got to be someone’s fault instead of the fact that sometimes accidents happen.”

Also in the Friday interview . . . Mr. Paul extended his belief that too much blame was being laid at the feet of business, by alluding to the deaths of 29 workers at a Massey Energy mine in West Virginia last month. “We had a mining accident that was very tragic,” he said. “Then we come in, and it’s always someone’s fault. Maybe sometimes accidents happen.” [/quote]
nytimes.com/2010/05/22/us/po … 2paul.html

:loco:

Lets just pray that people have enough common sense not to elect this idiot.

LOL…Soetoro/Obama is already occupying the Office of POTUS…at least he when he’s not on vacation… :roflmao:

WHAT proof is there that Congressman Lewis wasn’t spat upon and called a n!gger by the Teapartiers? I don’t recall a single shred of evidence to the contrary (except the absence of video footage showing it, and denials by the teapartiers).

As for POTUS on vacation, you don’t want to go there. I’m sure W holds the lead in that category by a very wide margin.

No no nooo…Dear Lad…You are being called upon to provide accepted proof that the incidents indeed DID occur.

Something which has not been able to be done by anyone so far.
Now be the ‘Hero’ and provide that proof…:smiley:

Rachel Maddow did a capital job of exposing “Ayn” Rand Paul’s twisted idea of “freedom” (i.e. businesses are “free” to violate the rights of the people).

The teabaggers must be feeling nervous.

What a ridiculously infantile standpoint, and very typical of that side of the debate. Has to be said.

Why is it so difficult to acknowledge the bleeding obvious that a few racist loons joined a populist movement? To argue against, as MT has highlighted, evidence that would be proof enough to convict in a courtroom is futile, and suggests a far deeper and more sinister reason for wanting to mask the connection with racist scum.

HG

Aside from the fact that some Teapartiers are clearly racist loons and some are head-in-the-sand deniers, I’m puzzled by the libertarian aspect. Are most Teapartiers libertarians, like Rand Paul? Isn’t libertarianism a little like anarchy: it sounds cool to 20 year-old rebels, but in reality it’s a ridiculous proposition. Perhaps impose some limited rules and regulations on the government, but private individuals and business can basically do whatever the hell they want.

• No civil rights restrictions. Free to deny services or accomodations to people based on race, religion, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, etc. Free to charge different rates or offer lesser services or accomodations based on the above factors. If they can’t find alternate services or accomodations, tough.

• No cumbersome labor laws. Free to hire any worker of any age and work them as many hours as one wants for any wage one is willing to pay. If they don’t like it tough, they can quit.

• No costly environmental protection laws. If a business wants to discharge toxic wastes without accountability, that’s their god given right; besides you DO want to receive their corporate taxes don’t you? So shut up and quit complaining.

That seems to be Paul’s stance anyway. What a nutty way for a grown-up to think. Is that how most Teapartiers feel?

Oh dear. One would have thought that MT was a lawyer. But then again, when one makes an accusation, one is expected to pony up proof. The fact that you have not been able to do so and given the hundreds of cameras trained on the site with oodles of journalists whose reputations would have been made by getting the “story” you have nothing is pretty much indicative of the nothing behind this claim. Have the politicians in question pursued their accusations? no? why not? I would have if I had been so treated by the party in opposition to my core precepts. Just watch me. But nothing… no evidence… hundreds of journalists and cameras and nothing to back this up… well, then, I guess these teaparty people must be oh so much more clever than you give them credit for or the incident did NOT happen. Now, as a lawyer, I am sure that you will tell us what the next move would be… won’t you? yes…