TECO Passport + Military Question

Hello,

I’m not sure whether this question belongs in the Legal or Military Conscription section, but I’ll post it here anyway.

As a male undocumented immigrant with an expired ROC passport in the U.S.A., is there any risk of deportation back to Taiwan when applying for passport renewal through TECO (solely for the purpose of updating my passport) because of the Military Service requirement?

Thanks for responding.

[quote=“McGaIvey”]As a male undocumented immigrant with an expired ROC passport in the U.S.A., is there any risk of deportation back to Taiwan when applying for passport renewal through TECO (solely for the purpose of updating my passport) because of the Military Service requirement?
Thanks for responding.[/quote]

So you’re an illegal alien Taiwanese in the USA, breaking the law there and you are worried about getting busted when you try to continue your illegal actions and being deported back to Taiwan and then made to follow the law in Taiwan?

Yas know, a lot of people on here jump thru hoops trying to stay LEGAL here on Taiwan. We come here, for various reasons, follow the law. Pay our taxes and costs of document renewal.

Why do you think you can ask for tips on breaking the law in the USA?

[quote=“McGaIvey”]Hello,

I’m not sure whether this question belongs in the Legal or Military Conscription section, but I’ll post it here anyway.

As a male undocumented immigrant with an expired ROC passport in the U.S.A., is there any risk of deportation back to Taiwan when applying for passport renewal through TECO (solely for the purpose of updating my passport) because of the Military Service requirement?

Whatever situation you are in. You are fucked. I don’t see any point in staying in America. considering the fact you can’t apply for jobs or reap the full benefits.

I don’t know why TECO would report you to the US INS. It’s not their business. If you have your expired ROC passport, why would they even ask you about US documentation? Ya know, the Mexican consulates in the US provide services to their citizens who are undocumented in the US specifically to help them stay off the radar of US INS. Can’t say whether they would check to see if you did your military service.

Come on, there are thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of undocumented aliens working in the US. Many even have fake Social Security numbers and are paying taxes. There are clinics where they can get free health care. Hospitals don’t care about immigration status. They don’t report you to the government, like they would in Taiwan.

There’s obviously enough benefit or people wouldn’t go there.

[quote=“McGaIvey”]Hello,

TECO will still renew your passport - However since you have Military Service requirement, they will only renew it for a short period of time… 3-6months validity. You will need a valid passport to travel - TECO recognizes this fact.

One way or another, at some point you’re going to be in the shitter.