Temples that loan money

That’s what the news reported. But it seemed odd to me. Even though in a small town Taiwan that could feed a family for a week or two.

Might come in handy end of the month.

Taipei you can eat a week on that if you know how.

With 600 NT$?

It’s no great secret that a lot of temples in Taiwan are fronts for various dodgy shenanigans and scams. And hiding places for gangsters.

Yep, once a fat t-shirt wearing %!$@ put me in a headlock.

What? :astonished:

I thought you might ask :slight_smile: This was the only trouble of that sort I’ve ever had here. Me and my friend and partner in trouble had a meeting, there was no parking spot so he parked on a red line where he was blocking the alley crossing. I guess a procession was coming through, so t-shirt guy #1 told us we had to move. My friend didn’t want to, long story short the guy grabbed an old piece of wood that was lying around and started whacking at him with it. I rushed up and grabbed him, he kind of staggered back. The next thing I knew I was in a headlock from fat t-shirt guy and being pulled up the alley. He wasn’t choking me, I thought about jamming my finger between his knuckles, but I just stayed loose, and when he loosened up a bit I pulled out and ran back to where my friend was lol. There was a crowd, one of the t-shirts was saying loudly “i sing phah” or “he hit first”, gratifyingly I understood and shouted “i sing phah” pointing at t-shirt #1, which ended that stratagem and most conversation quickly :slight_smile: My friend wanted to wait for the cops but I figured it was a better idea to depart and we did. We were a bit late for our meeting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that things didn’t escalate!

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t have been good to be trampled by a temple procession or something. The guy had me in a headlock so he could have caused me some damage, nice guy in fact I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

The other T-shirt guy didn’t seem so nice though…

1 Like

No, that guy wasn’t nice. My friend may have got in his face a little though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deities have priority over parked cars!

1 Like

I park illegally sometimes but I learned once well, in front of KOR (when it was Luxy), don’t park when blocking something else.

I knew the bosses, but that didn’t help with the parking crew who thought they were the bosses of everything parking.

2 Likes