Temptation roars

The cost of large bikes here is usually really high. However, I saw a nice deal on a Kawasaki Ninja at 80, 000 NTD.
Unfortunately I do not have a car parking spot. I am tempted , and now at my age do not have dependent children. I will likely get hurt if I buy it despite decades of experience. I would prefer a large dirt bike. Does anyone know if car parks accept large bikes ? I am thinking about that bike a lot (from a respectable bike dealer I know). 40, 000 KM on the clock. So so tempting🤣
Right now I have a 200cc (199) souped up scooter. Buy or not to buy? That is the question.

Sounds like this is your answer right here. Don’t want to break a hip.

1 Like

I say buy. Assuming you’re not actually expecting to get seriously hurt.

My question now is whether to buy a small bike for the year I have to wait for a big one (good practice), or just save the hassle/money and wait for the big one (currently considering the local Hartford retro 450)!

1 Like

Yes, buy it. The freedom it will give you will be priceless.

1 Like

Anyone know some of the cheapest 250cc bikes? I am gonna get my scooter license and would like to pick up a 250 if they are reasonable

1 Like

A good choice. The parts are cheap too and no import tax. Good bang for the buck , I might get one, but that Kawasaki Ninja is calling me lol I will take a pic.

1 Like

you could go for a 199cc Yamaha super max as it is just under the requirement for a large license and has some great off the mark acceleration. Nice scooters. The say it is 200cc but it is on a white plate so I guess 199.9cc

White plates go up to 249.99999999999999999999999999999999999999cc

1 Like

The price of parts is also critical.

1 Like

Ah ok was not sure. I actually have a lsrge bike license, so was unaware. :+1:t2:

My last bike in Thailand was a Hayabusa, that was a nice ride but if we can’t bribe the police here there’s no reason for all that engine on this hot little island!

1 Like

Yes, I would never dream of hammering it I am much to old and responsible for that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

what engine is the ninja you’re looking at? i seem to recall they range from 150-1500cc or something like that… 600cc ninja would be reasonable for taiwan i guess…