Mongolian barbecue vs Teppanyaki

• Love Teppanyaki.
  • Love Mongolian barbecue.
  • Never tried either.
  • I hate them both.
  • Love Teppanyaki and Mongolian barbecue
  • Rather eat something else.

0 voters

Which do you like better? Stuffing your bowl or watching it cook in front of you?

I’m having trouble deciding but I think the drawback of Teppanyaki is when the oil splashes up while it is cooking an hits an exposed part of your body (ie a naked arm).

I remember being shocked when seeing a large woman in Santa Monica foodcourt stuff as much food as she could into the Mongolian barbecue bowl. Nowadays I find I do exactly the same.

I’m willing to travel half an hour to my closest teppanyaki restaurant.

I like them both, but in Taiwan, I haven’t found a M. BBQ place that I like much. None as good as home. And the best one I ran across was in Texas of all places!?! You’d think there would be more of Genghis Khan’s relatives running around here. :laughing:

TEPPANYAKI. I’m lazy.

I’m not a fan of shabu-shabu. My stuff always comes out either raw or overcooked.

In Australia they have those Teppanyaki where the cook throws the food everywhere. Don’t know if they do that here.

I’m not really a big fan of that. They have sharp knives and a hot plate to protect themselves. I still got close to launching an attack on one of them. You have to be in the right mood to have food thrown at you.

I’d like the Teppanyaki a whole lot better if they did not use butter. They seem to do that all over the world so everybody else must like it.

Mongolian here seems okay. I sometimes do a good one in a huge Taichung restaurant.

I haven’t had Mongolian BBQ in a while. There’s one place on Tianmu W. road over the little bridge close to the hospital, and another in Neihu on one of the top floors of the department store on Neihu road and Chenggong road. I guess I like the buffet part of it.
I had Teppanyaku on Heping E. road just west of Shenxing. The kids like the icecream.
It just seems that barbeque is an incorrect term for it.

Help me out here. I eat Teppanyaki all the time, but I have no idea what Mogolian BBQ is. Can someone describe it to me like I’m not the last one on earth to know what it is?

Mongolian BBQ is like a buffet except all the food you pick is raw. After you finish choosing the stuff you want, you can add your own sauces and spices and then you hand it to the cook. The cook basically has a huge hotplate which he tosses your food on and cooks for you (sometimes in an entertaining manner.)

Wowow, I like them both too but I haven’t had Mongolian BBQ in a LONG time!! Beside, I hate the fact that they gave you a very small bowl that doesn’t fit much and you have to make at least 5 trips!!!

As long as it is buffet style (all you can eat) I like I like!

I hate mongolian BBQ. They always overcook it.

One of the oldest and as far as I am concerned best Mongolian Barbecues one is the Dschingis Khan on Naking East Road, accross from the West In Hotel. Most of the cooks I see there, I am seeing for 16 years and they do not overcook. Price wise very competitive (think it was 490/Head all you can eat), they have some other dishes on the buffet likek a Chinese Lasagne that is rather bizzare but I can highly recommend the place. Easy Parking behind the China Airlines building. For Josefus, Mongolian Barbecue is best consumed with lots of Taiwan Beer for which they charge NT$80/Bottle if you use Public Transport.

So is it NT$100/bottle if you take a taxi and NT$150/bottle if you drive your own car?

Bob

Mongol hordes kick pansy ninja butts.

So is it NT$100/bottle if you take a taxi and NT$150/bottle if you drive your own car?

Bob[/quote]
Tried to be politically correct, I should have also added that you should be 18 or older to drink beer! :laughing:

Bob[/quote]
Tried to be politically correct, I should have also added that you should be 18 or older to drink beer! :laughing:[/quote]

Oh thank God; I thought for one minute you were implying/condoning discrimination against the marginally better off.

Myself and similar with more than NT$300 for a night out will breathe a sigh of relief. I thought for ome minute that this was a bus passenger exclusively type of place.

Phew…

Bob

What? 300nt for a night out? That’s OUTRAGEOUS!! :wink: