Terminology for textile, clothes etc

Hi,

I’m looking for a list of terms in Chinese for clothes, textile etc. For example:yarn count, jersey stitch, gauge and so on.

Preferably also for the mainland and HK.

Thanks!

Still couldnt find it. Theres these lists posted at the forum but none about textile and such. Would appreciate any help.

check this website
texindex.com.cn/internationa … p?type=buy

When I’m looking for the translation of a term that I can’t find in a glossary, I usually type the term plus target language (for example "“yarn count + Chinese”) to look for bilingual websites that might have pictures or definitions of the term in both languages.

Maybe these links are a little helpful?
trade.ctei.gov.cn/
3fnet.com/E3fnet/index.asp
sinicave.com/pd_chineseenglish_fibre.cfm

If you know anybody in Shanghai or have the possibility to go there, the Foreign Language Bookstore is a GREAT place to stock up on dictionaries. The range of available technical dictionaries in Mainland China outweighs that in Taiwan by far. I wouldn’t want to miss my German - Chinese pictorial dictionary from China. It has helped me more than once explaining a technical term to my translators.

HTH
Iris

[quote=“guest”]Hi,

I’m looking for a list of terms in Chinese for clothes, textile etc. For example:yarn count, jersey stitch, gauge and so on.

Preferably also for the mainland and HK.

Thanks![/quote]

Try typing in google: PowerDict

I have got a German Chinese textiles dictionary (PR China, 1983), which may be helpful.

Where are you?

Try

bbs.wear.cn/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=2&ID=179&page=1

and

bbs.ourtol.com/dict.php

But you have to register and I don’t know whether it is any good

Thanks everyone! :wink: Ill check those sites out and will follow your suggestions.