Terror attack in New Jersey?

Asking here. Are you saying that the shooters were Democrats (and of course that’s evident because they are Black ) so because they are Black therefore Democrats then this proves that anti-Semitism is rising?

I’m not clear on how this shooting relates to a rise of anti-Semitism in the Democratic party.

Yeah, that Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is very anti-Semitic, being a practicing, temple-going Jewish person himself. :roll_eyes: Jews overwhelmingly vote Democratic in every election. There is plenty of anti-semitism on the right, especially from the southern states. They only like Israel, because they believe the Jews and Muslims will wipe each other out, leaving it for the Christians at the rapture.

3 Likes

I think the reason why this shooting/terroristic attack isn’t on the front pages of CNN, Fox etc etc is because all the msm outlets tend to spin news in a way that fits their narrative (and their viewer base as well), and this shooting is very #problematic.

If the shooters were muslism, Fox news would have 6 articles about it.
If they were white, CNN, MSNBC etc etc would have 25 hit pieces explaining the dangers of toxic incel culture, the rise of white supremacy etc etc
If it happened in a school, “mah gun control, won’t someone think of the children?”
etc etc

If a couple of neonazis entered a Jewish supermarket to kill people this event would be on all the front pages of msm outlets. Being the perpetrators black hebrews, I bet there’s not a single decision maker in the msm who wants to dig into this story and then be forced to explain who those people are, why they did what they did, what they were saying during the Covington kids scam etc etc

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong; I hope Democrats can stem the tide of anti-Semitism flowing in from the left outside the US. It’s definitely on the uptick on the left, and it’s definitely on the uptick in the Democrat party (Omar, Tlaib, et al).

Does anyone think Politico would publish a story like this if the attacker had been from Alabama and a Trump supporter?

1 Like

CNN has it on their front web page. You have scroll down to see it but it’s there with a few sidebar articles.

Still not understanding how this is solely a Democrat issue?

I have named two current Democrat Congressional Representatives who’ve expressed opinions publicly that are objectively anti-Semitic.

Can you name even one current GOP Congressional Representative who has expressed anti-Semitic opinions?

Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in NYC, but they generally don’t get much news coverage because they don’t fit the “white supremacists emboldened by Trump” narrative. The media and democrats seem to care about anti-semitism when it pushes that narrative. But when there is anti-semitimism in congress, in women’s marches, in the media…they don’t care.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t over think it. It doesn’t because there isn’t.

2 Likes

Iowa representative Steve King

1 Like

Here’s three. I’m a bit of an overachiever☺️
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Deleted tweet)

Steve Scalise
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-majority-whip-scalise-confirms-he-spoke-to-white-nationalists-in-2002/2014/12/29/7f80dc14-8fa3-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html

Rep. Louie Gohmert
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1070700253693792257?s=20

1 Like

I’m being polite not confrontational😉

1 Like

Matt Gaetz is another, so that’s at least 5.

https://www.jewishpoliticalguide.com/representatives/matt-gaetz/

So you’ll have to help me out here.

What is anti-Semitic in each instance?

Rep. Gaetz defended Chuck Johnson by claiming that “some of the claims against Mr. Johnson are not accurate” and that “he is not a Holocaust denier and he is not a white supremacist.”

That’s it? That’s the extent of his anti-Semitism?

eta: Calling bs on this one, unless there is substantive evidence that Gaetz is anti-Semitic.

1 Like

If someone from the GOP says something that even tangentially talks about a Jew, it’s antisemetic. If someone from the Dems panders I’m openly antsemetic tropes, it was all a misunderstanding, and you’re a racist a-hole for even suggesting otherwise. The rules are simple, I don’t see why you’re having a problem with it.

1 Like
  1. Kevin McCarthy. anti-Semitic slant: the tweet relies on the trope that Jews rule the world or at least are the decision makers. Especially with when it involves money.

Antisemites have often promulgated myths related to money, such as the canard that Jews control the world finances, first promoted in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and later repeated by Henry Ford and his Dearborn Independent . Many such myths are still widespread in the Islamic world such as in books like The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews , published by the Nation of Islam, as well as on the internet.

2)Steve Scalise. anti-Semitic issue: Attended and spoke at the European American Unity and Rights Organization. This group was founded by David Duke, a grand wizard in the KKK. He also denies the Holocaust.

3)Louie Gohmert anti-Semitic trope: using these men as proof that world domination by Jews is true because they have money.

Yes, it would seem so.

I think a corollary is that anyone who expresses support for President Trump can be labelled anti-Semitic.

Looks like the exact opposite happening here. Maybe no one should do this, eh?

Well, Trump was accused of anti-semitism for an executive order cracking down on anti-semitism, so…yeah.

1 Like