Terrorist Attack In Moscow

I wonder who are the terrorists. Maybe I’ve played too much call of duty but maybe a false flag attack by Putin? It seems other countries have gathered intelligence to say a terrorist attack was imminent before this so either Russian intelligence is extremely incompetent and even the US knows more on what’s on the soil or it’s a false flag.

2 Likes

TikTok/X (Twitter) videos are pretty graphic.

Well, I feel for the survivors, assuming there were any.

Not sure what’s worse, being attacked by Islamic terrorists in Russia or having Russian riot police respond to an act of Islamic terrorism. Neither is good for the health of ticket holders.

1 Like

The Islamic state claims responsibility for the attack

OTOH, why wouldn’t they?

Claiming “credit” for a Russian false flag op is quite a lot easier and cheaper than doing it yourself.

No evidence that it wasn’t them, AFAIK, but Vlad and the Federal Security Service have a track record of high probability, high profile, low competence false flag ops, and Putin seems inclined to put the blame for this one on Ukraine.

RT news is talking about suspects being caught fleeing in a car to the Ukraine border, which is not a good sign. Like who would choose to flee that way?

It’s like watching a punch n judy show from behind the stage. Presumably the Crocodile character will be arriving shortly.

133 people died. Let’s not forget that, in the clamour of blame culture.

4 Likes

Pawn culture. The saddest elephant in the room.

1 Like

That’s the problem really isn’t it. Human lives are like cardboard cut out tokens to these players of a global risk board game.

They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don’t say that anymore.

1 Like

What’s the point though? Nothing’s stopping him from doing whatever he wants there, anyway.

1 Like

All the outcomes seem to make Putin look stupid right now.

1 Like

I think Putin wants justification for a big mobilization push. Blaming Ukraine might do the trick with the Russian public. Of course I am assuming that Putin doesn’t believe his own BS to the point that his security forces take their eyes off Islamic fundamentalists down south.

I mean, I can easily imagine the FSB fumbling the ball and Russia ends up in a two-front war by 2025.

1 Like

But he needs the convince people this was Ukraine. It seems a pretty hard sale. I’m not sure Russians are buying it?

He just won reelection, and going by man-on-the street interviews with Russians in Russia, I think the election results were valid. His weakest constituency is among the young and well-educated, especially in Moscow and St. Petersburg - many of whom are probably looking to flee (if they haven’t already). Many older Russians seem to pine for the USSR, and even middle-aged Russians seem to genuinely support Putin.

The guy at the link :arrow_up: is still releasing videos on YouTube. Overall I think Russians seem to trust Putin and believe in his leadership.

Here’s a piece by Canada’s CBC about Orain. I’ve probably watched >200 of his videos in the past two years or so.

He’s seen authoritarian regimes collapse due to popular protest, up-close-and-personal, before. He might not be quite secure enough on his throne to completely forget that.

And he is, of course, a completely ruthless fucker.

2 Likes

Bush did it (convinced people, not saying he setup 811) with Iraq. I don’t think it’s as hard to convince people as you might think :slight_smile:

If putin did it, his only mistake was there wasn’t another 0, or two 0s, at the end of that death count.

The attackers were brought to a court after they were caught.

When caught some had still the same clothing used during the attack.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t they? They bought everything else.

The knife he used has been auctioned off online as the “ear-cutter”, according to Evgeny Rasskazov, a member of the far-right paramilitary battalion Rusich, who facilitated the sale.

Bloodied knife sold off for about 10 million rubles (100k USD)