Terrorists declare jihad on action figures!

This is just too much. Terrorist have captured a GI Joe and threaten to behead him if…well you know the rest.

If for one am not concerned. As a child I beheaded my GI Joe dozens of times and he was always ready to continue play when it was repositioned atop his knobbed neck.

Taken from LGF: click on the link and scroll down.

littlegreenfootballs.com/web … cbcb1ae001

The Associated Press has fallen hook, line, and sinker for an obvious hoax: Web Site Claims GI Captured in Iraq. (Thanks to all who emailed.)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Iraqi militants claimed in a Web statement Tuesday to have taken an American soldier hostage and threatened to behead him in 72 hours unless the Americans release Iraqi prisoners. The U.S. military said it was investigating, but the claim

Since 5,000 of the figures were distributed to the troops in Kuwait, it is hardly surprising to find that one of them found their way into enemy hands. What is surprising is the manner that it was used, to fake a hostage - and so soon after the suspect video in which a launcher fires, and then the camera next shows a downed plane.

Actually it does look quite realistic, and I don’t think you should fault the AP for publishing the picture alongside remarks showing that they believed that 1. the photo was suspicious, and 2. no GI’s are known to be missing in Iraq at this time.

It is undoubtablty a sign of decadent running yellow dog American ignorance to not appreciate the dedicated Jihadi rage direted at the ‘Action figures’ being distributed to the youth of Iraq.
Obviously this blatant sattempt at undernining the Islamo foundations of Iraqui youth must be halted at all costs.
Once again, USA indifference to established Muslim sensitivities are the root cause of brave “Freedom fighter” IEDs exploding among the general Iraqui populace.

Don’t worry Joe. We’re busting ya out.

RichardM has a

[quote=“twocs”]

Actually it does look quite realistic, and I don’t think you should fault the AP for publishing the picture alongside remarks showing that they believed that 1. the photo was suspicious, and 2. no GI’s are known to be missing in Iraq at this time.[/quote]

I don’t like media conspiracies, and I don’t think this is one, but that photo sticks out like a turd in a punchbowl. When I first saw it, even before I read the headline, I was thinking “It’s a doll.”

Doesn’t anyone check this stuff with a critical eye before sending it all around the world? Why not check it out, debunk it, THEN print it as it should be printed: “Terrorists losing kung-fu grip on reality” ?

I’m a little surpised Reuters didn’t beat them to the punch on this one. Aren’t they the ones still using the phrase “Al Queda, the group that the US government claims is responsible for 9-11” (this after numerous public admissions/boasts from Al Quada claiming responsibility). :laughing:

One thing that’s gotten a little lost here is that AP are not the only ones who have some explaining to do. How is it that a member of one of our elite GI Joe units ended up in enemy hands? Discipline and professionalism have been going down in that unit ever since “Duke” retired to Tampa. There’s no way that Snake Eyes or any of the other old-school GI Joe action figures would have fallen for this kind of trap. :snooty:

Hobbes hobbes hobbes…

You think Joe doesn’t WANT to be there??

Scrappleface.com is on the balll! :slight_smile:

Captive U.S. Soldier Doll Rescued by Bush Doll
by Scott Ott
(2005-02-01) – Just hours after Islamic militants in Iraq threatened to behead a kidnapped U.S. soldier doll, the camouflaged action figure was rescued in a daring nighttime operation by a toy George W. Bush action figure.

The nine-inch-tall replica of the president left Andrews Air Force Base in a scale model of Air Force One within minutes after the Pentagon learned of the kidnapping from a picture on an Islamic website.

The top-secret flight was reminiscent of the life-size president’s Thanksgiving visit to Baghdad in 2003. During the long trip, the presidential doll was programmed to say intimidating things in Arabic, and reportedly spent several hours practicing his kung-fu grip.

Even as the mission was secretly under way, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-MA, went before the Senate to call for the immediate withdrawal of 12,000 military action figures from Iraq.

Upon hearing of the Bush doll’s successful mission, Sen. John Kerry, D-MA, warned against “overhyping” the significance of the apparently heroic deed.

The Diary of Joe Adam

Not for the faint of heart.