Testing for marijiuana on medicals

Do you know if they check for marijiuana on the standard medical tests for getting visas?

I didn’t know there was a standard check for getting a visa. What country are you from?

I teach English and get an annual check for my work permit and ARC.

I just had my last health check a few months ago in TAIPEI and, looking at my result form now, I see they crossed off the sections on urine tests for “Opiate Metabolites,” “Amphetamines,” and “Marijuana.” While these are listed on the form to be checked “negative” or “postive”, there are no results checked on MY form.

However, a friend recently told me they checked him for marijuana last year, so maybe you should think BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY:

Many people know this already but in case you don’t, to get marijuana out you have to sweat, sweat, sweat. Drink a lot of water, exercise and sweat to detox. And the day of the urine test, make sure the urine is watered down clear. Don’t let your first drops land in the cup. Pee a little first and then put the cup under it mid-stream. Good Luck.

The don’t check for it, and don’t worry. If you test positive for drugs, you just have to do the test again.

brian

Why would you be asking such a question. That would never occur to me.

Odd, I don’t teach English and I never have to get a check-up to renew my ARC. Maybe the government has some idea of the extracurricular activites of English teachers?

I believe cannabis can be detected in hair samples - so you might want to shave your head before the test just in case.

Yes but we are talking about the visa health check, not about police dropping into the bar just as your neighbor hands you the spliff.

Student visa health check in Taipei city: no MJ test, unless they changed it in the last month. Work visa health check, ditto, unless changed in the last year: no MJ test. Not at Ren Ai hospital anyway.

Anyone know firsthand what follows if you are positive? For this or anything else? Would they tell anybody? Or just hand you your health report and say “see you in two to four weeks”?

p.s. Spack where in gods name is that video from

[quote]Anyone know firsthand what follows if you are positive? For this or anything else? Would they tell anybody? Or just hand you your health report and say “see you in two to four weeks”?
[/quote]

It’s possible to get fals-positives for amphetamines from certain cold medicines. I truthfully told them that I’d taken a lot of cold medication in the few days before I did a health check. They told me that if I tested positive I’d have to do the test again.

A while back on the forum someone told of having to do the test again because of a positive in the drug test.

Brian