Texas Hold'em anyone?

Hey does anyone out there play poker? Back home i used to get a game together every week, so i was wondering if anyone’s up for it. problem is i don’ t have a place to play (or players to play with). Anyone interested???

Check out the weekly Gamers Club post…every sunday at the Witch House, I’m sure some of us will play.

We play once a week at my place. We have 4 regulars with a few more semi regulars. We are always welcoming more players.
We play dealers choice. Ante of $20 nt small bet $40 nt and last card bet $80 nt. We have poker group set up on yahoo. Send me your e-mail if you are interested. claytonlaughren@yahoo.com

Cheers

yeah, I’d be up for some poker. I started a thread a while ago, but I didn’t get much of a response…probably because I’d only be willing to play for cheap bets, like 1, 5, 10 NT. I think cheap poker is the better way to go in general. You can enjoy the social aspect of the game, and not have to worry about losing any serious money and thus having your old lady give you shit for the next week about it. People seem to get pretty up-tight and the game seems to get less friendly when more money is involved. That’s just my opinion, though. Right, I’d also prefer dealer’s-choice poker, as opposed to only “texas hold-em”. If you’re interested in cheap poker, I’d be down. There was another guy on the thread I started that seemed up for it as well (yellow cartman, I think was his name). So yeah, post here or PM me and we can try to get it rolling. I think 4 or 5 people would be adequate, we’d already have three.
-Brian

all i really need to know is where and when…
i’m in xinzhuang but anywhere in taipei is cool with me. as for the money part, i guess that all depends on what the majority thinks. i’ve played for big money before and if everyone knows what they’re getting into i think it’s ok. what does everyone thing of tourneys?

We can check out TheHub and see if they’d be willing to host the poker club ? They’re at the Guting MRT station exit #3. They have a banner exchange with Forumosa.

awesome, who do we need to talk to to set that up?

you guys talking about?
One way of playing without making it too expensive and without taking bluffing out of the game (very important) is to have a set amount money for everybody to buy a set amount of chips. (chips have no monetary value) The game ends when one player has all the chips. You can then have 1st, 2nd and third prize. Basically the way the world series pf poker is played.

We could also play at my friends restaurant.

THE HUB’s Address is: 7F Office 6 No 79 Roosevelt Road section 2 (right outside Guting MRT station exit 3. Tel: 3365 1549.

PM sdougal for more information. He’s posted under the Taipei Chess Club thread.

[quote=“clay”]you guys talking about?
One way of playing without making it too expensive and without taking bluffing out of the game (very important) is to have a set amount money for everybody to buy a set amount of chips. (chips have no monetary value) The game ends when one player has all the chips. You can then have 1st, 2nd and third prize. Basically the way the world series pf poker is played.

[/quote]

ahh, sounds like a friendly game of no limit.

I’m somewhat 4.5 years behind this thread. But Hold’em hasn’t changed has it?

I used to have a weekly at my house back in SA. I’ve been trying to get a weekly together here, and we’ve had about 3 sessions of 4-5 players.

NTS20 ante to limit NT$80 limit sounds goods. We play NT$10/$100, its all the same. As long as its fun. Poker minds should be international.

Are the above posts still valid? Can I come join a regular game?

We play every Friday or Saturday. The game has changed a bit, we usually play No limit Texas and, or Omaha. Let me know by pm