Texas new voting bill

…among other provisions, it would have banned both drive-through voting and 24-hour voting; imposed new restrictions on absentee voting; granted broad new autonomy and authority to partisan poll watchers; and increased punishments for mistakes or offenses by election officials.

What reason is there to ban those options? People work night shifts, some people aren’t able to visit a poll during specific times. Shouldn’t the ultimate goal of a democracy be to encourage as many citizens to engage in an election? Actively excluding people from voting is definitely not the way a democracy should act.

1 Like

Not everyone believes in true democracy. Simple.

I would be against a drive through system. I think its bad environmentally, and socially. It evolves the already occuring bad situation of isolationism. But 24 hour seems great. If mcdonals and 711 can sell us cancer and diabetes 24/7, how the hell is freedom not important enough for such a simple service?

Note, i didnt read the bill.

I would propose a law that requires Texans to carry rocket launchers at all time, specifically RPG-7. That, and only that. All other firearms not allowed.

And all firearms will be turned into the state in exchange for RPG-7 launch tubes and 5 rockets. More rockets will be sold at Walmart.

Speaking of voting. Here’s a vote:

Paxton has been under FBI investigation for yearsover accusations that he used his office to help a donor and was separately indicted on securities fraud charges in 2015, though he has yet to stand trial. His party had long taken a muted stance on the allegations — but that changed this week as 60 of the House’s 85 Republicans, including Speaker Dade Phelan, voted to impeach.

Ouch.