Thank You For A Real Good Time

OK, so my trip here is just about nearly over. Some thanks are in order

@GooseEgg
@Marco
@tempogain
@ that guy on the coast
@BiggusDickus
@Brianjones

Great to see you all in the flesh. Real people are always better than real people’s words.

And the long time friends I got the chance to see while I was here. It was like I’d been gone for a week and not eight years. Thanks to all the people I got to know while I around this time. I’ve probably spoken more Chinese in the past six weeks than I did in the last few years I lived here.

But, the time as arrived to depart.
Heading out Wednesday.

Thanks to the folks in the money forum, LIT, and IP in particular.

Thanks to the folks who PMed with me about certain things. Good luck on your endeavors!

This place has been a second home for me for many years, and like I have stated before, it is synonymous with Taiwan to me.

I am humbled by the kindness and generosity of people here, entertained by the discourse and educated at times about things I didn’t know.

So cheers. See you around.

jd

27 Likes

Safe travels to you and your family my friend. Come back sooner than later next time.

:bowing:

4 Likes

Great to see you JD! Have a smooth trip back and I hope to see you again on your next visit here.

2 Likes

There’s a free mojito waiting for you anytime.

1 Like

Thanks. I will do my best!

Thanks. I can’t believe I only had one beer that night. lol

I have one more night in Taoyuan on Tuesday. Just sayin…

2 Likes

Good luck JD. keep posting.

Thanks, Mr. Bear Guy. We’ll see about the posting. I’ll be busy buying guns and securing the perimeter when I get back so as to keep out the revenuers and Federal Diversity Agents.

6 Likes

Heading out this afternoon.

Thanks again to ALL.

Yes, even you!

2 Likes

Safe flight!

1 Like

Thanks, Marco. You’ve really opened my eyes about a few things. I will make you anonymously famous in NY shortly.

2 Likes

Oh fun can’t wait :stuck_out_tongue:

Safe travels, JD.

Don’t always see eye to eye, especially in USP or in IP, but you’re an elegant and consistent voice for your point of view, and I value that in people.

7 Likes

you are welcome

safe trip home

1 Like

I’m temporarily back in the US (Texas) and while I get the joke I’ll also point out that it’s become pretty damn impossible to buy a new NATO battle rifle (7.62x51) now these days in the US. Like, not possible - even used ones and even if they’re not AR10’s. They’re just flat sold out, unfortunately. I have seen a couple California geldings selling for a disgusting premium, but nah not interested yet in croaking,

Why? Personally, I have never seen this kind of shortage. 7.62 NATO ammo, too, is almost unavailable. Def remarkable, and for sure.

So you may ask why is that a problem, I’ll just say auto engine and armor piercing, etc. Not necessarily fubaring any supply chain, despite the weight, etc.

Anyway, I hope your trip back is utterly uneventful. Best!

1 Like

“Thank You For A Real Good Time” sounds dirty. Don’t let that be the title of yer last post.

luv ya jdsmith. cum again

Buy you a beer I’d you are passing through the Bay Area

Gosh thinking back in the last 20 years I’ve only gone back twice

If I didn’t have a general fear of flying and a great fear of flying economy class I’d like to visit Taiwan and also take in Thailand
That will be cool
Can’t do that now till the virus passes

Maybe I will be able to afford a premium economy ticket then

I’ll hold you to that T-Bone. :bowing:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The pesto pasta was not what I had been expecting for breaky. :roll_eyes:

However, I now chuckle at turbulence as though I were on a roller coaster. Kind look like a lunatic, but the lights is low.

2 Likes