The 100 Best Bars in Taipei

Hey guys I missed some of your posts. TC was right I was on holiday.

Beinbliss, sorry I came once and will not return. I did have friends who went the same night (but later) and enjoyed the band…maybe I am just too old and set in my ways. Not knowing you staff it is hard to say who was unfriendly but there was a small group of staff/patrons near the front door, no-one so much as raised a smile when we went in. We just didn’t feel welcome. Compare that to somewhere like MOP and you may understand my preference. If you need to know who I am just PM me. Not a problem. Maybe I am just not in your target audience?

TC, very happy to see you supporting Charlton for once even if only by default. :laughing:

Big game tonight…versus my used-to-be lost cause, Carlisle United. Loser buys winner a pint?

Bob
(CUFC season ticket holder 1978/79)

On Topic.
I heard that Cargoolie’s place had automated bumwad dispensers.
Is that true?

[quote=“the chief”]On Topic.
I heard that Cargoolie’s place had automated bumwad dispensers.
Is that true?[/quote]

what would you know about bars let alone beer these days ya boof head.

Awol, I join you on the doubts you have about the chief’s ability to judge bars!

Big game tonight…versus my used-to-be lost cause, Carlisle United. Loser buys winner a pint?

Bob
(CUFC season ticket holder 1978/79)[/quote]

Yay Yay free beer. My favourite bar in the world i carnegies! See…back on topic

Did I say 1-0 1-0 1-0 yet? Erm…we don’t win much these days…sorry Bob.

[quote=“Radar”]Hey guys I missed some of your posts. TC was right I was on holiday.

Beinbliss, sorry I came once and will not return. I did have friends who went the same night (but later) and enjoyed the band…maybe I am just too old and set in my ways. Not knowing you staff it is hard to say who was unfriendly but there was a small group of staff/patrons near the front door, no-one so much as raised a smile when we went in. We just didn’t feel welcome. Compare that to somewhere like MOP and you may understand my preference. If you need to know who I am just PM me. Not a problem. Maybe I am just not in your target audience?
[/quote]

Hey Radar, I am sorry too but can imagine; if I did’t like a place on a first visit (for whatever reason) it would be very unlikely for me to ever go back there…
Glad your friends enjoyed themselves; we do have some great live music and if you like 60’s (and on) rock 'n roll, I’d like you to reconsider and come just once again when we play; you’d be my guest. (come see us on Daniel Pearl day too for a taster) …
Dunno about the age thing man… we are as young as we feel… but the years do take their toll, I know, I’m living it too…

As I can read the situation, you came in at a very busy moment on a busy night. That means 2 behind the bar, 1 serving 1st floor, 2 serving 2nd floor… I’d be surprised if they were hanging out by the entrance chatting with patrons and not greeting new customers… normally everybody that walks through the front door is warmly welcomed… I’m really sorry you didn’t feel welcome…
Dunno MOP so cannot compare… curious to know who you are so I will PM you; my guess: a well respected, slightly ageing owner of a business mostlikely in bar/restaurant…

My target audience? (as long as they’re looking for a good time) Anyone that fogs up a mirror if you hold it in front of their mouth…

Beinbliss

Addressed some of this by PM. Is 35 slightly aging? I ofetn joke that it is really middle age if we do indeed get 3 score years and 10, so maybe I am past halfway…but hope not. I work for a Life insurance company and like a beer as much as the next man. I suspect that I came too early on the night in question but it really did feel a bit clicky. Anyway, I have friends that go to Bliss so am sure I will be back, and I will be happy to write again about what I find when I do.

All the best.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]Beinbliss

Addressed some of this by PM. Is 35 slightly aging? I ofetn joke that it is really middle age if we do indeed get 3 score years and 10, so maybe I am past halfway…but hope not. I work for a Life insurance company and like a beer as much as the next man. I suspect that I came too early on the night in question but it really did feel a bit clicky. Anyway, I have friends that go to Bliss so am sure I will be back, and I will be happy to write again about what I find when I do.

All the best.[/quote]

35 slightly aging? What does that make me at 46? The way you said “maybe I am just too old and set in my ways” I figured you were pushing 60 or so…
Pls do come and see if it clicks next time around…my offer still stands… otherwise I’ll read about it in this thread… all’s fair that’s fair…
(how do you change from Edgar Allen to Radar back to Edgar Allen?)
Got your pm, thanks… s’thing you said there should be out in the open… you thought I was giving my bar a bit too much one sided promotion and you though a little contra weight wouldn’t hurt (or words along those lines)… and you are right… but that’s what I figure this thread is about: determine through a forum what are the best 100 bars (actually top-10 would be more realistic) in Taipei… and everyone that has s’thing to say should do so…