The AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) thread

Of course. It’s the best system we’ve tried.

I try to avoid going down the Adam Smith ‘how best to manage everyone’s innate shittiness’ path, as it’s a bit depressing. But he was probably on the money.

Yes, we all envy your fantasy world. We’re all stuck with the drab reality where she’s crazy as fuck.

2 Likes

You’d trade places with her in a minute if you knew how to or had her talents and abilities.

Later, hater

52641209_293769544651679_6881285898869145600_n 345DHCE

I wouldn’t trade places with her for all the tea in China.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-is-an-economic-illiterate--and-thats-a-danger-to-america/2019/02/21/ee8c58d8-35f1-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html

Goddamn WaPo and their far right propaganda.

2 Likes

It that ‘white face’ !? I’m positively outraged!

That’s good news for everyone! Please stay as far away from any position of political decision making as possible.

Likewise, I’m sure. :grin:

2 Likes

Champion of the poor working class people. Grills luxury developers for gentrification, moves into a luxury complex in one of the most gentrified places in the US.

And it’s unclear whether the 29-year-old lawmaker, who represents the Bronx and Queens, actually still lives in the Parkchester neighborhood that has been so closely tied to her rise — even though she won her upset victory over fellow Democrat Rep. Joe Crowley with accusations that his home in Virginia made him too Washington-focused to serve his district.

Ocasio-Cortez has used her deceased father’s Bronx condo on her voter registration since 2012, and even posed in the one-bedroom Bronx flat for celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz in a Vogue magazine profile after her stunning November election. But The Post could find little indication she continues to live there.

:joy::joy::joy: I’m hoping to to see a lot more of her. It’s clear she’s not going to let the Democrats shut her up.

That was just after a bunch of kids demanded Senator Feinstein endorse the Green New Deal.

2 Likes

Starting to like Feinstein after watching that video. :sunglasses:

Brainwashing your kids to do your political dirty work for you is so pathetic. Bunch of little New Pioneers.

2 Likes

AOC is doing some magic on the Democrats. Vast majority of Democrats at WaPo see her as a cute SJW who is a little too green around the gills to make an impact yet but sure is fun to watch. They love to imagine that AOC drives conservatives nuts because after all she’s just a Latina Bambi with dimples.

Meanwhile conservatives see that AOC is a lot like Trump. She’s way more media-savvy than any Democrat, she’s not scared by competition, and she’s willing to take big chances even if it means making a mistake or two. In other words, she’s about to run off with the party.

I don’t think most Democrats perceive any peril. I have a feeling the DSA is going to punch far, far above its weight in the new Congress and in primary fights coming up with the DNC.

3 Likes

The establishment guys still haven’t figured out that outliers are now a threat.

Bernie as VP. Odds?

Oh they have. The Republicans were used by the Democrats to take out the tea party and the Republican establishment will be used to take out this thorn in the Democrat side.

Wait for claims the Republican establishment is teaming up with the establishment Democrats to take down their movement.

3 Likes

Anyone else just slightly disturbed by these headlines? I watched the video but like… wtf.

1 Like

I mean a bit harsh. But I think kids could use a dose of reality instead of being babied.

1 Like

Give Trump credit. He knows how to run things competently. Knows better than his critics, judging by the results of the past two years.

I’ll gladly hold his beer.