The Appalling Antisemitism (i.e., Anti-Jew/Israeli) Thread

I want to say that her point was that the end of WW2 decided the militarization problem with the Germans, but not the existential problem they had with the Jews. But she says it way better. And she is biting when it comes to Obama. Meooow.

Cornell professor who found Hamas attack ‘exhilarating’ and ‘energizing’ now on leave of absence (msn.com)

Haha. Asshole.

“Professor Russell Rickford has requested and received approval to take a leave of absence from the university,” the Ivy League school confirmed to the campus newspaper, the Cornell Review.

Next stop, MSNBC!

In his recent apology, Rickford said in a statement: “I apologize for the horrible choice of words that I used in a portion of a speech that was intended to stress grassroots African American, Jewish and Palestinian traditions of resistance to oppression.

Riiiiiiightm that’s what he meant!

He’ll fit right in to the network.

2 Likes

Same over here. Some academics are falling over themselves to be sacked for their hateful ideologies.

I like the statement issued by Tottenham FC along the lines of, ‘don’t bring your flags to matches, you are here to watch football.’ Only one dickhead failed to follow that rule on Monday night. But for a largely Jewish and Muslim community people were able to put everything else aside for two hours.

Tottenham 2- 0 Fulham.

1 Like

Go Spurs!

And guess what these guys didn’t vote for:

Here are the 10 lawmakers who voted against the resolution:

• Rep. Jamaal Bowman of New York
  • Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri
  • Rep. Andre Carson of Indiana
  • Rep. Al Green of Texas
  • Rep. Summer Lee of Pennsylvania
  • Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  • Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York
  • Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota
  • Rep. Delia Ramirez of Illinois
  • Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan

And here are the 6 lawmakers who voted “present:”

• Rep. Greg Casar of Texas
  • Rep. Joaquin Castro of Texas
  • Rep. Chuy Garcia of Illinois
  • Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington
  • Rep. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts
  • Rep. Nydia Velázquez of New York

RESOLUTION
Standing with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric
war launched by Hamas and other terrorists.

HRes 771 as introduced.pdf (house.gov)

1 Like

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/jewish-students-shelter-in-ny-college-library-as-demonstrators-pound-on-doors-shout-free-palestine/

Nothing like a trip to library to stu— nope. Looks like terror and intimidation .

I’m waiting for Asians to start banging on barber shop windows and scream “stop assaulting us! “

But the biggest reason so many Arabs hate Jews is more elemental: too many hate Jews because Jews are Jewish. One need only look at textbooks throughout the Middle East to discover routine depictions of Jews as agents of evil. One potent example of state-sponsored anti-Jewish propaganda is Arab governments’ promotion The Protocols of the Elders of Zion . “This work is used to shape the collective consciousness of Arab populations,” wrote Nina Shea of the Hudson Institute. “The Protocols is a century-old fabrication that purports to record the machinations of Jews conspiring to rule the world through treachery, fraud, and violence.” The book was used to inspire anti-Semitic pogroms in Russia in the early 20th century, as well as Adolf Hitler’s genocidal ambitions

So why now? Why attack now?

Not all Arabs buy this reductionist rubbish, and some Arab nations are working to scrub Jew hatred from their schools and culture. And there’s reason for hope in the Middle East. The Hamas attack came amid negotiations over a deal between Saudi Arabia and Israel to normalize relations. These followed the history-making Abraham Accords in 2020, which established diplomatic relations between Israel, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Morocco. That good news is now on hold, and it will take strong Arab voices to unite and condemn not just the Hamas attacks, but antisemitic tropes in Arab culture.

But who will shut up the western liberal bigots?

Words hurt, words heal. Right?

The Biden administration official in charge of prosecuting anti-Semitic attacks, which have skyrocketed in the wake of the Hamas attacks on Israel, has a history of coddling anti-Semitic activists and groups that have condoned the terrorist attack.

As a student at Harvard, Clarke organized a speech for Wellesley College professor Tony Martin, who peddled the false claim that a cabal of Jews orchestrated the international slave trade.

I know more than a few black people who have said that. It’s quite shocking to actually hear.

Clarke’s judgment regarding potential hate crimes has been called into question before. In 2019, she defended actor Jussie Smollett after he claimed he was attacked in an anti-black, anti-gay hate crime in Chicago. Clarke accusedChicago police of “demonizing” Smollett at the time for seeking access to the actor’s phone. Smollett was later convicted for fabricating the hate crime attack.

Let’s not demonize the demons. They’ve been oppressed. I mean not them them per se, but hystorically.

Wow. Lock your doors and windows.

Mind the mob.
The monsters are here.
Hide.

Just a peaceful protest through a huge Jewish neighborhood on their holy day.

What I always find appalling is that people are always lumped together like that. All Arabs are like this, all Jews are like that, when in fact the main players causing the problems (like militant groups and right-wing Isrealis) are usually just a tiny fraction of the total population.

2 Likes

That’s 100,000 in London 10/11/23. Not a tiny fraction of anything. But that’s just my opinion. :idunno:

Trying to find Israelis demonstrating against Palestinian violence.

Buffering…, hang on. This may take a while.

Nope, that was a domestic protest against changes in their Supreme Court.

Buffering…

I wrote main players, not supporters. Of course you could argue that a majority of the Arabic and Jewish worlds enable those main players, but pictures of street demonstrations are not proof of that. Most people just want no conflict and play with their phones.

2 Likes

That shit reads like a pogrom in the making…glad I’m Taiwan at the moment.

*edited for grammar

Maybe you missed the riots in 2020. I didn’t.

So, thousands of “pro-Palestinian “ supports marching right up to one of the most Jewish neighborhoods in NYC with a history of anti-Jewish riots, right after 10/7?

Somehow, I just don’t buy the give peace a chance brigade, but it’ll be allowed.

Ever listened to Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones?

The mob, they say, “is just a shot away.”

In a perfect world you should be able to criticize anyone who is doing wrong, be it Arab or Jewish.

1 Like

In a better world you’d know who the monsters are and not be afraid to confront them.

I don’t buy into rhetorical perfectionism.

This is what a lot of these pro-Palestinian people are missing or don’t care about. The uncivilized savagery of Hamas towards the Jews and their own people in Gaza.

There are a lot of horrors that have been reported in the last seventeen days—rape that broke women’s pelvic bones, babies riddled with bullets, children whose fingers and feet were cut off, entire families that were burned to death with their hands tied behind their backs, a pregnant womanwhose fetus was cut out of her stomach while she was still alive.

When pro-Palestinian people protest Hamas in Brooklyn, that’ll be something to get behind. These folks flooding Brooklyn on Saturday should be ashamed.

Get out the iPhones and get their faces on the news. Let the civilized backlash begin online.

3 Likes

Totally agree. It should be possible to support Palestine but not Hamas.

4 Likes

Agree or disagree, are you really regarding this as antisemitism? Statements from 9 of them here

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4276005-these-democrats-voted-against-resolution-backing-israel/

That’s the resolution. Agree or disagree?

Agreeing that violence and civilian death are sadz after 10/7, but— and them insert the same kind of rhetorical garbage that always comes out of these folks when Israel comes up, but Gaza, but open air prison, but genocide, but occupiers and oppressors, but two state solution, but but but —

But nothing. I’ll leave it to the real experts to label it antisemitism, and they seem to think it is and they seem, not surprisingly, hung up on the uncivilized savagery that fell upon Israeli civilians in10/7 and threatened them and their people to their core.

But me, as an outside observer since the 1990s, yup. It’s holocaust 2.0. If Hamas and the Palestinian militant terrorists could have killed every single Jew in Israel that night I believe they would have. That’s what Everyone Loves a Dead Jew is about.

That group of 9 are the worst of rhetorical advocates in the House. You don’t side with the mob. You don’t try to manage the mob. I said this above, where’s ONE sign that reads Palestinians against Hamas? Nope.

Does that answer your question?

Now show me yours. What do you think?

It doesn’t. You posted it in this thread, hence my question. I don’t think these kind of political stances come anywhere near qualifying as antisemitism in themselves, unless I missed something in there.

1 Like

Some people swim. Some people dive. :idunno: