The Appalling Antisemitism (i.e., Anti-Jew/Israeli) Thread

It’s time for a bit of separation from the Gaza War Thread, I think. I am rather shocked at the blatant antisemitism that has grown up like a dessert bloom since 10/7.

Let’s start with China:

Why a wave of anti-Semitism is sweeping across China (telegraph.co.uk)

Chinese influencer Su Lin has been live-streaming rants in support of Hamas and against Israel since the war broke out. Coming almost every day, they are rife with anti-Semitism.
Hamas is still being too soft, going way too easy,” says Ms Su, who has nearly one million followers online, in one video, adding that the Israelis are “lackeys of colonialism”.
“Shouldn’t they be captured?” she shouts into a microphone, referring to Israeli citizens taken hostage. “Israel is now just a Jewish version of the Nazis and militarism.”

China shares a similar view with many of these countries – that “Israel is a colonialist outpost, put in place by the West to instigate wars and perpetuate its hegemony over the Middle East”, he said.
Chinese state media has amplified this message, situating the Israel-Palestine conflict within the broader rivalry between Beijing and Washington. America, the narrative goes, is “controlled by Jewish” people, and is bringing chaos to the world.
Ziwu Xiashi, one of China’s most popular nationalist commentators, is even labelling those who support Israel, an ally of the US, as being anti-China.

nuanced views appear to be getting drowned out by more incendiary ones, amplified on the Chinese internet.

“Israelis are trash; Jews are the most horrible race in the world!” wrote one person online.

Another said: “In this century, we need a Hitler to send these Jews to God.”

Ms Su, meanwhile, said on a recent live-stream that “Israel’s so-called advanced military capabilities have been completely exposed… [its] defence now is truly a broken house with leaks from all sides; it’s just missing someone to give it a good kick, isn’t it?”

Have a nice day. :angry:

4 Likes

Maybe these Hongkongers had a point…

4 Likes

Give it time. Inshallah.

And this:

International Ombudsman Institute: Hamas exists to exterminate Jews - Israel News - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

“There can be no false moral equivalences in the lawful and correct response of Israel to those who came to slaughter the Jewish people,” the letter to Israel’s State Comptroller and Ombudsman Matanyahu Englman said. “No international body should be allowed to falter in their resolve to eradicate a body that actually pays their members to kill Jews. There can be no peace in the Middle East while terrorism and undemocratic representation of the peoples of Gaza seek to eliminate the Jewish people.”

Yup:

Hamas terrorists: We were told ‘whoever brings a hostage gets $10,000’ - Israel News - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

One of the terrorists told Israeli forces that “whoever brings a hostage back [to Gaza] gets $10,000 and an apartment.”

3 Likes

An apartment of rubble with no water and electricity.

I’m sure it’s in the good side of town. Gaza is enormous. Not like the size of Tienamen square for example.

Said no one ever.

Violence broke out elsewhere in Berlin overnight during anti-Israel protests. Emergency services were pelted with bottles, stones and fireworks. Protesters set barricades alight in a number of streets and one demonstration close to the Brandenburg Gate involved 700 people, police said.

The latest attacks came as Lebanon’s Iran-backed militant group, Hezbollah, called for a “day of rage” over an explosion at a hospital in the Gaza Strip, where hundreds of people are feared dead.

The Central Council of Jews in Germany said “day of rage” was not just a phrase but “psychological terror that leads to concrete attacks”. The synagogue also houses a community centre, a kindergarten and high school for 130 children.

Riiight, that Israeli hospital attack. 100s and 100s of kiddos killed. The blood libel report straight from the NYT. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Still in range.

Monaco is larger than Tiananmen Square… and gaza is roughly 150 times the size of Monaco.

Israel is smaller than Taiwan though.

1 Like

This has been going on for over a thousand years. Reading about the massacre at Clifford’s Tower is the start of a very long rabbit hole.

1 Like

Is seems that it’s never been so popular in my lifetime. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Bowser has said in the past she rejects “terrorism in all its forms” and that “antisemitism has no place in our institutions, our country, our world or our hearts,” the Republicans said, adding they “wholeheartedly agree with this statement.”

We further believe that movements that celebrate violent anti-semitism should not be honored by the government with a plaza, especially one located directly outside of our nation’s White House," the letter said.

Bowser’s office did not return a request for comment.

I’m not terribly surprised to see the anti-Jewish/anti-Israel rhetoric from the usual peanut gallery of Marxists and dyed-in-the-wool communists. The leftists constantly need a bogeyman to vilify IOT continue funding their political grift machine: Republicans/conservatives, Christians, men, and now the flavor of the day happens to be Jews/Israel.

The same thought process and mental gymnastics required to accept the idea that men can become women and vice-versa, or that abortion is not the ending of a growing life in the womb, is the same logic that condemns the right of self-defence from violent attackers while justifying the violence against perceived “opressors” for being the same skin color or faith.

It’s a good idea to keep an eye on the crazies and be prepared to appropriately respond to credible threats, but don’t over-stress about things you can’t control.

2 Likes

Mass murder, these leftists suggest, is the understandable consequence of Jewish “colonization.” Such a perspective is deeply insulting to Palestinian humanity. It implies that Palestinians are so controlled by circumstance that they lack agency. It implies that Palestinians cannot be expected to behave according to the same ethical standards of those who refrain from mass murder.

1 Like

Hate is not welcome here.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4275788-florida-orders-state-universities-disband-pro-palestinian-student-groups/

In a letter to state university presidents sent Tuesday, State University System Chancellor Ray Rodrigues directed them to disband chapters of the National Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) on their campuses. The order comes after the national group’s response to Hamas’s attack on Israel earlier this month.

In response, and leading up to a ‘Day of Resistance,’ the National Students for Justice in Palestine (National SJP) released a ‘toolkit’ which refers to Operation Al-Aqsa Flood as ‘the resistance’ and unequivocally states: ‘Palestinian students in exile are PART of this movement, not in solidarity with this movement,’” Rodrigues wrote in his letter.
“It is a felony under Florida law to ‘knowingly provide material support … to a designated foreign terrorist organization,’” Rodrigues added. “Here, National SJP has affirmatively identified it is part of the Operation Al-Aqsa Flood — a terrorist led attack.”

Let’s not have a culture of death on state campuses. Save that shit for the Ivy League.

1 Like

I’m currently undecided about this:

Obviously, it’s classic Grauniad.

1 Like

Caroline Glick addressed this issue in her latest video. I posted it in the War thread. It’s worth a listen and I couldn’t do her justice in briefing it to you. Check it out.

1 Like

Will do. I have a general issue with people dragging up historical wrongs.I don’t see how it can ever end up anywhere positive.

2 Likes