The Ashes Thread

Well predicted. England have just wrapped up the 2nd test, a comprehensive win over the fading stars Australia. Congrats to England. :bravo:

Good work old chaps :bravo: :bravo:

Oh dear. England grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory!

OT, but aren’t SA giving India a right drubbing at Centurion? :smiley:

[quote=“jimipresley”]Oh dear. England grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory!

OT, but aren’t SA giving India a right drubbing at Centurion? :smiley:[/quote]

Yup I was watching the cricket today it’s been a good day for the Aussies, England lost 5 wickets in the last session of play.

South Africa declared with a massive total as well, good on them.

Australia 98 all out! :astonished:

Australia’s total of 98 was its lowest-ever score in a Melbourne Test against England, six runs worse than the previous mark of 104 which has stood since 1877.
‘Nuff said.’

98 all out! Fuckin well done, boys. Absolutely Awesome!

Next we need to see the pacemen get slogged for 6 in all directions, and have to call on Punter for some sloppy slow spin to stave off defeat, and then have to watch the cocky little shit bowl England out for 112. 4 speed bowlers on an MCG at Boxing day? WTF?

Bring back Warnie.

Indian top-order routed at Kingsmead. Looks like we’re soon going to see a new #1 test nation. :smiley:

[quote=“urodacus”]98 all out! Fuckin well done, boys. Absolutely Awesome!

Next we need to see the pacemen get slogged for 6 in all directions, and have to call on Punter for some sloppy slow spin to stave off defeat, and then have to watch the cocky little shit bowl England out for 112. 4 speed bowlers on an MCG at Boxing day? WTF?

Bring back Warnie.[/quote]
Not quite. Australia heading for a big loss and it’s goodbye to the Ashes. :laughing:

Icky is having a really poor series with the bat. Time for Australia to shake things up and put him and others out to pasture.

Bring back Lillee and Marsh, I say. Chuck Ponting off a bridge somewhere first, though.

that could work :laughing: , but then again, maybe not

best bet would be the following:
-Punter resign as captain for his disgraceful dissent in this test, and for leading Aus to an embarrassing loss. Move him down to 5, with Watson moved to 6. Tell him to keep his chirpy mouth shut
-Drop that metro Clarke
-Revamp your top order with some players in form
-Get a spin bowler, and select 1 young taller pace bowler
-Get a tougher coach, and tougher selectors, and tell Warne to piss off to England and settle down with Lizzie and stop interfering

he he!

Punter is past it, well and truly, but the powers that be in the cricket world in Oz have failed to develop a decent policy to foster new talent. The cupboard is bare, which is a huge contrast to 15-20 years ago, or even 10 years ago when even the second-fiddle Australia A side was capable of beating all comers.

Oh, me and my big mouth! :doh:

And the Ashes are now officially England’s.

3-1 to England. Jolly good show old chaps :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Thanks, Sat an’s Assassin.