The Battle against the Mold

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Presumably you’re single and intend to be so for the rest of your life? :astonished:

We got problem with mold growing in the windows, on the plastic parts, very strange imho, as I wouldn’t have expected mold to grow on plastic… :ponder:[/quote]

Actually, not at the moment, though that’d certainly be the way to bet.

I think some Taiwanese girls are used to relatively firm mattresses so it can be less of an issue for them.

Some bugs can break down some plastics, though its usually pretty slow, and there may be something on the plastic surface that they are actually growing on.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Presumably you’re single and intend to be so for the rest of your life? :astonished:

We got problem with mold growing in the windows, on the plastic parts, very strange imho, as I wouldn’t have expected mold to grow on plastic… :ponder:[/quote]

I think that mold can grow on anything that has a layer of human (organic) secretion … be it from breathing or touching … and other ways I don’t want to talk about …

Yeah well, I’m not exactly licking the window panes, especially not at ceiling height…

You have human secretions on window panes at ceiling height? whatever r u doing?

[quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“TheLostSwede”]Presumably you’re single and intend to be so for the rest of your life? :astonished:

We got problem with mold growing in the windows, on the plastic parts, very strange imho, as I wouldn’t have expected mold to grow on plastic… :ponder:[/quote][/quote]

We have mold growing there too, and our apartment is not that old. Weird. I’m actually going to buy another dehumidifier today to see if that will help the issue.

As far as dust mites go…I am seriously allergic to them. Got tested for allergies last year after waking up every morning for months all stuffy and miserable. I thought it would be mold I was allergic too, but it was dust mites. The allergist told me they are worse in Taiwan than other places? Not sure why. I brought a mattress cover (really, it’s like an envelope for the mattress) and pillow covers from the US that are supposed to keep the mites in the mattress/pillows and away from me, and I did see a huge improvement. Just fyi if anyone else is suffering.

消す

Yes, Costco has some big ones at a decent price. Very recommended not only for documents but mostly used for electronics here. Humidity is a killer.

Thanks for posting about those. I didn’t know there was such a thing. Checked them out and they are recommended. Anyone seen them in Taiwan?

We never used a dehumidifier in our apartment and God knows it had high humidity levels, but we never got mold, but we had wallpaper, that looked like the wall, so I wonder if wall papering would help?

消す

I just sold a very expensive electronic item, i kept it in storage for about a year.
Just been told that mold was found on one of the chips on the circuit board… so even after 6 months of being away from that so called luxury flat i am still a victim of god damn MOLD

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well, I work with laptops and cameras, so pretty much everything I have will need to be in a box ?

:eh:[/quote]

Yep, either the special ones that have a little dehumidifier machine, or you put and change frequently the dehumidifier packages. And run a dehumidifier in your room most of the day.

Thanks for posting about those. I didn’t know there was such a thing. Checked them out and they are recommended. Anyone seen them in Taiwan?[/quote]

Mitsukoshi and Sogo carry them. Sometimes, there are sales clos eto teh MRT, want me to send you a message when I spot one? Usually, they are about 2K.

edit:
we had a link about the waterproof ones somewhere in here…

[quote=“Icon”]Mitsukoshi and Sogo carry them. Sometimes, there are sales clos eto teh MRT, want me to send you a message when I spot one? Usually, they are about 2K.
[/quote]

Please, that would be great.

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“Icon”]Mitsukoshi and Sogo carry them. Sometimes, there are sales clos eto teh MRT, want me to send you a message when I spot one? Usually, they are about 2K.
[/quote]

Please, that would be great.[/quote]

is the envelope same as the mattress pad?

for pillows, right now I’m double-bagging. should be OK, yes?

消す

I must inform that while the battle of the bathroom has been won, in my absence, the mold has made another incursion and the wall between my living room and kitchen is now dotted with red mold. :astonished: It looks really ugly. It is as if someone with a bloody nose had sneezed on it. At first, I thought it was just cat paw prints or something, but last night, upon close examination, I managed to see the fuzz growth. Ugh.

Funny thing is that both the side and back balcony doors were open. You’d think the ventilation would help.