The BEST fried chicken in Taipei?

Two Peck (2派克) is my favorite; their spice combination is delicious. Yep, it’s a chain. Can’t help you with Taipei locations as I’m in Taoyuan. Here’s their website http://www.twopac.com.tw. Of course, when I browsed through it I couldn’t find any list of their locations :ponder:

Their daughter is also sometimes pudding-faced? :laughing:

[quote=“finley”]Yep, great stuff (they used to call themselves ‘chicken pie’, presumably until some foreigner pointed out that 排 does not translate to the english “pie”).
[/quote]
wait, but DO they sell chicken pies though? I’m in more of a turkey pot pie mood right now, but chickens cool too.

[quote=“Steve4nLanguage”]
Two Peck (2派克) is my favorite; their spice combination is delicious. Yep, it’s a chain. Can’t help you with Taipei locations as I’m in Taoyuan. Here’s their website http://www.twopac.com.tw. Of course, when I browsed through it I couldn’t find any list of their locations :ponder:[/quote]
delicious is right! it’s all good, I can still keep an eye out for the logo, thanks.

I think we should have some sort of differentiation here between fried chicken proper (what they in the business refer to as “bone in”, and no, I ain’t touching that one)

and the “traditional” Taiwanese snack of battered/deep fried chicken breast (as served so well by Peck’s Bad Boys), or as I taught the engineers at work to call it, Gπ.

Not that they aren’t both, you know, awesome, and the latter can somewhat appease cravings for the former if nothing else is available, but I think, in the spirit of the original thread, the two should be regarded as divergent.

Now, IF, and one’s just spitballing here, the fellas over at 2Peck were to start making fried chicken with the same batter as their Gπs, yikes and Katy bar the door.
THAT would be some good eating right there.

Grrr … that’s what I thought the first time I saw the sign. Glory be! Pie! The Taiwanese know how to make pies?!

Then it turned out to be just chinglish.

Still, I bought a “Gπ” since I was there, and it was good.

Grrr … that’s what I thought the first time I saw the sign. Glory be! Pie! The Taiwanese know how to make pies?!

Still, I bought a “Gπ” since I was there, and it was good.[/quote]

BTW, you know, they’ll even deliver, I don’t know what the minimum is, probably about NT$300 like everyone else.

I also like how they got around the traditional la/no la dilemma by having blue bags for no spicy girl la

and red bags for yo spicy girl la

WIN!

ok fellas, so I was walking by the longshan temple station, when right around the corner across the street - BAM. was greeted by the big yellow 2 peck sign with the two cartoon faces staring right at me. obviously I had to get me some fried chicken. it was great (btw, I only had a bite last time so I didn’t notice, but they do in fact keep the bone in).

to whoevers wondering - walk up the stairs to exit 3 (longshan temple metro station). when youre outside head right then keep walking till you cross the street. then turn right and walk for about 10 seconds and congrats! youre there.

Still, I bought a “Gπ” since I was there, and it was good.[/quote]
aw man, I forget to ask cuz I was too consumed with fried chicken anticipation, but would’ve been nice to definitively confirm if they dont actually sell pies.

Why can’t KFC here taste like how it’s supposed to taste like back in the States? It always feels like there are usually 3-17 spices missing in the flavor.

1 Like

I think they compensate by adding concentrated salt.

Oddly, I miss the fried chicken from T-Dubs. You guys on the island enjoy some bockbock for me this week.

I like Texas Rangers Fried Chicken and sides… One in Tianmu and one in Q Square

1 Like

another vote for 2 peck. although they seem to vary between franchises. the one nearby me seems to be randomly open so i have avoided it for like 2 years. decided to give a try this week and…half the menu is not available. no squishy fried taro thing for me. never again…

and TKK is basically pretty bad. always seems to be too greasy and gives me a bad stomach. i even don’t think it tastes that bad, i had a fried zong zi last time i went there which was pretty interesting but… grease

it is kinda weird how every fast food shop has their own fried chicken. my gf insists that napoli pizza has the best one. i didn’t dig it so much. for that more standard type of drumstick and big pieces of fried chicken i gotta say the korean type can’t be beat.

1 Like

Hotties Fried Chicken

Some nice quality fried chicken sandwiches, not greasy or oily and not too much breading, nice sauces, good cole slaw, I ate a whole separate order of it for a snack.

Hotties Fried Chicken - 美式辣炸雞
https://goo.gl/maps/Fs6SSAq7chg4j8tbA

胖老爹 Fat Daddy Fried Chicken!! My favorite…tastes much better than KFC. I can easily shove down 5~6 pieces in one sitting :yum:

Well I’m new here so I don’t think I know the absolute best, but I’m surprised 炸G行家 hasn’t been mentioned. It’s excellent value for the money (6 full wings including the drumstick for $100).

Does Fat Daddy have different flavors like spicy or something?

They have Original flavor or you can opt for the spicy flavor where they will give you bags of chili powder.

Stupidly tried Burger King fried chicken. Not sure what was happening. Have a look.