The best socks

Aye, 'tis fun, and not a bad busy-your-hands pastime while listening to the Prairie Home Companion or something.

Yarn can be made with long cellulose fibers (flax, cotton or mechanically pulped bamboo), although I’m not sure the manual process described above would work smoothly (I wrote it to roughly parallel the industrial production of non-viscose bamboo yarn). But I don’t know whether it is possible with the fibers of any kind of wood; perhaps wood fibers aren’t easily preserved in long form while separating them from each other? If you could get long, flexible fibers, I don’t see why you couldn’t spin them, though, and once spun, I don’t see why they wouldn’t hold up reasonably well like linen does. The socks might be a bit stiff and crunchy, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s the 21st century and people are still opposed to the ‘same socks’ concept? Unbelievable.

Classic thread!

I always bulk buy socks. But then I keep what I like to call ‘fancy’ socks, for special events like the pub. I also have a couple of pairs of white sports ankle socks which I have owned for about 7 years, which is a testament to my level of sporting prowess. Black for bulk. Grey for fancy. White for sport.

[quote=“TomHill”]Classic thread!

I always bulk buy socks. But then I keep what I like to call ‘fancy’ socks, for special events like the pub. I also have a couple of pairs of white sports ankle socks which I have owned for about 7 years, which is a testament to my level of sporting prowess. Black for bulk. Grey for fancy. White for sport.[/quote]
Finally someone whom I can relate to. Coloured socks theory and all. :laughing:

THIS is the best Sox.