The Best Taipei MRT Line

• Brown (Muzha Line)
  • Red (Danshui Line)
  • Xinbeitou Branch Line
  • Orange (Zhonghe Line)
  • Green (Xindian Line)
  • Xiaobitan Branch Line
  • Xiaonanman Line
  • Blue (Nangang, Banqiao and Tucheng Line)
  • I can’t choose a favorite MRT Line…that would be choosing a favorite child.

0 voters

Here is your chance to vote for your favorite Taipei MRT Line. Also explain why that line is your favorite.

I’ll go first: Red (Danshui Line) because it allows bikes, it goes through Taipei Main Station, and it stops at the Shilin Night Market.

Xinbeitou Branch Line.

I always root for the underdog.

Go, little guy… Go!

I wonder what M u c h a M a n will vote for?

Blue because of my beloved terminal (but no longer) Xinpu station. I mourned a little when the line was extended, it was the end of an era somehow. Basically because it meant I had to pay attention to my stop. The blue line is where all the action was for me.

I like the junior MRT line, the Brown line. Cuz I like to be outside where I can see something , rather then in a tube like the other lines.

Cept when the TAnshui line comes out of the tube into daylight near the night market. I actually havent been on any of the other lines .

I’m waiting till next year, when the Xizhi line opens…

I’m spoiling my ballot, because none of the lines come to my house. :moon:

What does it matter? it’s one system … a poll that doesn’t make sense …

The Blue Line, but only because it gets me to and from work.

The worst are any of the pointless, one-stop micro-lines.

Xiaonanmen rocks! c’mon, Chris. we all want to go there, all the time, and now WE CAN.

Blue, all the way.
My work is the last stop so I can snooze.
And when I get home, City Hall Exit 4 is fucking Ass Soup.

The only line that stands out somewhat in the negative way is the brown line … it’s a little shaky at most tho … but hey, I like the seats, you can really snuggle your arse in them … unless you have a real fat one, than the seat will flow over …
Hey, and it’s driver less … no human to interfere and make mistakes …

[quote=“the chief”]Blue, all the way.
My work is the last stop so I can snooze.
And when I get home, City Hall Exit 4 is fucking Ass Soup.[/quote]

Yeah, ditto. Living right by Kunyang, I don’t know what I’d do without the Blue Line. I mean what’s the use of the Red Line if you can’t get to it?

The Blue Line can take me close to Taipei 101, Sun Yat Sen, the shops, the computer market, Taipei Main Station, etc., etc. Plus, like, Taipei City Hall Exit 4 is fucking Ass Soup.

Blue: It’s the only major line without incorrect Pinyin, though that’s by accident rather than design. (And references in Taipei Main Station to the “Bannan” line should read the “Ban-Nan” line.)

And the positioning of the strap-hangers on the blue line is better than on the red/green/orange.

Naijeru, the day the blue line started going past Xinpu was one of great rejoicing for all of us Fuzhong folk and many others. But at least you Xinpu-ites still have that station’s nice-looking ceiling; the art / special design features of the newer blue-line stations are generally pretty pathetic.

[quote=“naijeru”]Blue because of my beloved terminal (but no longer) Xinpu station. I mourned a little when the line was extended, it was the end of an era somehow. Basically because it meant I had to pay attention to my stop. The blue line is where all the action was for me.[/quote]Yeah… and when you get on you have make sure it’s the right platform, they go in different directions now :fume:

Not that I ever got it wrong… again. :blush:

The best day in my life will be the day when they crush the terminal wall in Yongning station to extend the line to Sanxia …

I beg to differ. If it wasn’t for the Xiaobitan one I wouldn’t have found a fantastic little restaurant, plus I’d have to trail out there in the car twice a week to pick up the old lady.
So YAY! for the light green line, and YAY! for all the others, for keeping some of the goddamn mouthbreathers off the road so I can enjoy my motorbike commute all the more.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“the chief”]… Plus, like, Taipei City Hall Exit 4 is fucking Ass Soup…[/quote][/quote]Is it common practice to publicly violate one’s food in such a way? Please to enlighten on how one may procure this soup.

Even though I don’t ride it very often, my vote goes to the Brown Line. I like the size of the cars, it’s more intimate, and the lighting is warmer than the harsh white light you find on the other lines. The rubbery floor feels and looks better than the cheap looking lenoleum floor used on the other lines. The air also smells better for some reason. The Brown Line just feels altogether more human and better designed than its bigger, depersonalized and more crowded cousins. So what if it’s a bit bumpy? It’s great fun when it goes around that 90 degree turn over Heping, and it takes you to another adventure–the Maokong Gondola! Remember that Wong Kar-wai movie (was it Happy Together?) in which he shot from a moving train on the Brown Line? There’s a reason the great director picked this line instead of the Danshui line.