The best unlimited data plan

I was lucky and was fortunate to take over a NTD $499 plan.

1 Like

You can sign a new one for 499, but I wonā€™t stop you from feeling lucky.

@Hygge

The lucky part is that it is completely unlimited and I have absolutely no contract, i.e. Itā€™s just pay as you go. So, there would be no cancellation charges.

Any of the telecom providers have data plans in which:

1. the unused data roll over (accumulate) into the next month; or
  2. each month (if you want) you can choose to go up a plan (more data) or down a plan (less data), giving the user more flexibility
2 Likes

ā€œCompletely unlimitedā€ as in no speed reduction after a certain number of GBā€™s has been used? No fair use policy? Which provider is that?

Taiwan Mobile

ATPG (Yatai 4G) has currently an offer (at least in its stores here in Taichung).

Unlimited, no speed limitation internet for 199 NT$. 20 min free talking, afterwards 2 NT$ per Minute (1/1 seconds).

30 months and the best, it is NOT for students only (so open for everything, well, sadly also includes the foreigner + guarateer topic).

PS
Just did a speedtest in my appartment and result was 18 and 6 Mbs/sec.
The sales person particulary mentioned the speed can be up to 70 for the download section (so I guess my slower speed might more relate to my current cheaper mobile device).

And
This special offer just started today and likely last only until September 19th - so hurry up to sign to this in my opinion really good deal !!!

Does this mean that they do require a guarantor? If so, then thatā€™s a big ā€˜nopeā€™ for me.

1 Like

Itā€™s not required. You just might need to throw a tantrum.

1 Like

Taiwan mobile has always been pretty fast for me (I use tethering for unlimited internet). Chungwa mobile gave me speed issues in some parts of Danshui

You also learnt the trick :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Trust me. I throw tantrums.

I just got my contract with Chunghwa Telecom, and it was incredibly smooth.
No deposit required nor guarantor!
It was a 12GB plan for NTD299, but I could also have the unlimited data plan for NTD499.

4 Likes

Which office did you go to?

The one in Sanxia, in front of the Taipei University.
ę–°åŒ—åø‚äø‰å³½å€å¤§å­øč·Æ168號

The Tianmu CHTs are still pushing deposits, and lol, they were offering a ~10K discount on the purchase price of iphone 11pro if you signed on the to 2nd tier 5G plan at 1399/mo.

The 11pro is not 5g.

After asking why this made any sense for about 30 minutes, the rep then mentioned it is because of the discount mentioned above, which you would effectively lose in just over a year anyhow.

I got the 699 unlimted, and still regretting not sticking with the galaxy series.

1 Like

Do you know if this plan is available on monthly or it needs a contract?

I fell for that once. Got a $10000 discount off the price of a phone but the monthly plan was $1399. Was a ripoff but I didnā€™t think of that when I got the phone because the initial cost was low.

When you say deposit is that the deposit where you pay for the year up front and then the cost of the phone gets deducted from it or a specific foreigner deposit?

the foreigner deposit that Marco says we donā€™t need to pay. It was not a heavy lift, money wise, so I decided to spend my decision fatigue on / banging my head against the communications problem regarding the plan selection.

1 Like

Iā€™ve bumped into the same issue. The Kaohsiung Daliao chunghua let me sign up without a deposit but the south Taichung branch wanted one. So inconsistent.