謀殺綠腳趾 -- The Big Lebowski

I want to buy this movie. Anyone have any ideas where it is being sold (among other movies that have been around for awhile) ?

I saw that years ago and I’d settle for just knowing what the hell it was about!

Hahaha :slight_smile: …My wife and I enjoy Jeff Bridges movies and she hasn’t seen this one…

eslite apparently has none in stock…
eslite.com/product.aspx?pgid … 2301595382
… although I’ve never figured out if their website shows only “stock available online” or “stock we have anywhere on this island”.

So the Chinese name is “Murder Green Toes”?! I assume Google’s getting that wrong.

The DVD shops scattered near Taipei Main Station are the only areas left that I know of that have semi-decent collections of DVDs. iTunes store has Lebowski $10 for regular, $20 for HD. Or of course other venues scattered amongst the inter webs, less legally but more likely to provide subtitles you want and file types you can actually use.

1 Like

I have it on DVD and plan on getting it on Blu-Ray one of these days… so I suppose I could part with the DVD copy. Care to make an offer?

They’re usually happy to order you anything you like and that’s available for shipping to Taiwan.

Well,…I’ve been searching the used CD racks and haven’t found it yet. I have found some classic movies and for only $39 NT a piece! I’m going to keep on searching, though…

Watch it again soon, and you might.
If not, you can always say you tried.

BTW, my offer to sell mine still stands. :wink:

Know any stoners? Ever been one? If not, it’s hard to understand unless you’ve read Sartre. :slight_smile:

Or you could watch it with drinks (white Russians) and a group of mates.

I’m thinking about watching this today Sunday. I think you’re supposed to smoke something while watching this movie which I don’t condone.

Nobody f**** with the Jesus

By the way is that (謀殺綠腳趾) an accepted translation for the name of this movie?

Ah, if you never saw it do not pass go. No assistance necessary

You’re a Lebowski… I’m a Lebowski…

1 Like

Interesting to look at a time warp to the early dawn of the steaming era, when most expats in East Asia either bought $100 NTD pirated DVDs from street stalls or downloaded them illegally off torrent sites.

2 Likes

I will have you know that they could pay I paid $15 ringgit across the border from Singapore in Johor.

So yeah that’s about similar pricing I guess.

Was that only ten years ago? I remember the first time I read about “broadband” internet in the China News on the bus. They said you would be able to watch video

I was actually living in Korea, not Taiwan, around this time and remember that when I first arrived in 2008 the fake DVD stalls were everywhere. They were super cheap, usually came out the same week as the movie in theaters, and they’d gotten the pirating down so it was almost as good as the official DVD quality (no more being filmed in theaters). By the time I left in 2014, these stalls were pretty much gone, probably a mix of streaming and torrent services killing them and the government cracking down:

I think Netflix streaming (as opposed to the mail rental service) started around 2009-2010 but I don’t think it really caught on until around 2013 or so. See my post above lol.

Right I kind of mixed two things there :slight_smile: I probably read that around 95?