The brown line

Could you please explain the decision to remove any threads or posts that deal with defecation. Is there a rule being broken, or is it just considered too childish for the site?

Maybe the topic losses its humor-appeal after the fifth or sixth thread Tom.

jdsuggests

[quote=“jdsmith”]Maybe the topic losses its humor-appeal after the fifth or sixth thread Tom.

jdsuggests[/quote]

That is not an answer to my question. My question, which is above, asks why ‘all’ are removed, not why ‘mine’ are removed. I ask a question about why that subject is considered taboo.

Shit.

BroonArse

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“jdsmith”]Maybe the topic losses its humor-appeal after the fifth or sixth thread Tom.

jdsuggests[/quote]

That is not an answer to my question. My question, which is above, asks why ‘all’ are removed, not why ‘mine’ are removed. I ask a question about why that subject is considered taboo.[/quote]

The trials and tribulations of being a moderator. :slight_smile:

I guess poo is taboo…

I don’t know if poop is taboo, but IMHO it’s more a matter of WHY?

I don’t know if poop is taboo, but IMHO it’s more a matter of WHY?[/quote]

Yes, you see my question now. Why is poop taboo on this site? We may talk of this and that, but mentions of the unmentionable get deleted. Is there a rule being broken? Is this a question of taste? :slight_smile:

You would probably never guess, but I also post a lot of what some might consider “nonsense”. I’m never surprised when this gets temped (about a third of my total posts, incidentally, now forever gone), but getting flamed, just for being nonsense… that’s another thing.

THAT SAID… People, the mod’s job is a thankless task. It’s their tough decision to choose what stays and what goes. Don’t give them a hard time (especially the Tech Forum mods. They’re brilliant, btw).

The owners of the site draw the line. It is their choice. The situation as I understand it is that it is a site for expats to get together and have a chat and exchange idea’s and information.

The objective is for new people to join the site and for it to continue to grow. If potential new posters come along and see nude pictures and toilet talk when they browse the site they might consider that to be the level the site operates at and flick out again with mutterings of “It’s one of those R rates sites where it’s just a sex show with associated bad taste jokes”

I didn’t see the orginal thread, but what was the difference btw that thread and Ironman’s thread on “toliet humor”?

You would probably never guess, but I also post a lot of what some might consider “nonsense”. I’m never surprised when this gets temped (about a third of my total posts, incidentally, now forever gone), but getting flamed, just for being nonsense… that’s another thing.

THAT SAID… People, the mod’s job is a thankless task. It’s their tough decision to choose what stays and what goes. Don’t give them a hard time (especially the Tech Forum mods. They’re brilliant, btw).[/quote]

Stu I love you in many ways… but I don’t believe I am giving them a hard time bro. I believe I am asking a question with regards to giving them feedback.

Ironman, Thank you for the reply. That is what I was looking for.

Not much I think…both were flamed. Ironman flamed his own thread himself.

Not much I think…both were flamed. Ironman flamed his own thread himself.[/quote]

I think we are getting our poop confused. Mine is still there.

[quote]
I talked to my old mum by email about Forumosa and poo humour. The above was the result.

I’d thought that it was a bit of light hearted banter and good for a laugh and to relieve the tension of day to day work etc.

Looking into its murky depths I can see emotional states ranging from severe discomfort by some posters/ readers all the way through to the complexity of moral superiority imposed by others and some laughs in between.

I don’t quite know where to head from here. Probably look for the safe middle ground.

I sometimes wish I was once again the 8 year old at school who laughed so hard he pissed his pants and wished he had the dark grey shorts on that day instead of the very light grey ones.

More important of course than the embarrassment was having wasted all the reserve that was being saved for the pissing over the wall contest at lunch time. Simpler times back then.[/quote]

Not much I think…both were flamed. Ironman flamed his own thread himself.[/quote]

I think we are getting our poop confused. Mine is still there.

[quote]
I talked to my old mum by email about Forumosa and poo humour. The above was the result.

I’d thought that it was a bit of light hearted banter and good for a laugh and to relieve the tension of day to day work etc.

Looking into its murky depths I can see emotional states ranging from severe discomfort by some posters/ readers all the way through to the complexity of moral superiority imposed by others and some laughs in between.

I don’t quite know where to head from here. Probably look for the safe middle ground.

I sometimes wish I was once again the 8 year old at school who laughed so hard he pissed his pants and wished he had the dark grey shorts on that day instead of the very light grey ones.

More important of course than the embarrassment was having wasted all the reserve that was being saved for the pissing over the wall contest at lunch time. Simpler times back then.[/quote][/quote]

Well, you flamed something or other that you wrote about fecalmatter or penises or something

jdshitforbrains

sooo, what was \the difference? \i didn’t see the orginal thread . was it really lacking in written taste–meaning it was something i would have found in 3rd grade as oppose to a reflection on one’s movements? :wink:

Turds are disgustingly crappy, shitty things.

And that is why you should never substitute them for lollipops.

Especially when I’m trying to eat lunch.