The Burger Stop - Food and Service (CLOSED)

Just came back. Dave’s so nice, you really want him to succeed. He was generous with extras and gracious. The milk shakes were great!!! YOu can taste the ice-cream and the dash of Hershey’s syrup :lick:

I like the menu. Straight and simple, I really hate too many choices (remember that episode from Frasier where they order coffee?). The salt content was slightly high in the meal for my taste, but then, that could just be me. Great service :thumbsup: When he brought the meal up, the server saw kiddos and offered to cut the burger into half.

We’ll be back…

Hey All,

From June 30 through July 21, we will be operating a Burger Stop booth in honor of American Month! Come by and get a great deal on a burger meal. Located at Shin Kong Mitsukoshi’s Xinyi Place, Building A11, 6th Floor.

ait.org.tw/en/pressrelease-pr1043.html

Thanks,

Dave

Well, with summer break here, I have time on my hands. I’ve heard enough about Burger Stop to put in a visit and test the goods. You’ll be seeing me soon.

Well I gotta ask: what’s on the menu at the booth? More specifically, are those wonderful onion rings available?

There’s a simple but positive review in the TT here.

What forum are they talking about in TT? :discodance:

That sounds interesting. How do they keep tab on who is first-timer?

They should add combo specials for fries+onion rings+soda, and just fries+onion rings for those opting for a beer.

What forum are they talking about in TT? :discodance:

I say the reviewer lacks balls. Mr. Price reading this?

To set the record straight I am not Mr. Price even though he “writes” like me.

Mr. Price wrote: “American yellow processed cheese added during the grilling process so it melts into a gooey mess that oozes down the side… crispy iceberg lettuce… The patty is… juicy enough to leave fingers satisfyingly sticky.”

Back in May on page 1 of this thread I wrote: “1. The patty is the juicy type. None of that cardboard frisbee Mc. stuff.
2. The lettuce was fresh and crisp.
3. The cheese… excuse me for a minute… Almost every other place puts the cheese on during assembly. Burger Stop actually does it right! Melted over the patty as it cooks. The result is “Gooey Goodness”.”

Well done Mr. Price. Don’t quit your day job. :bravo:

[quote=“elektronisk”]To set the record straight I am not Mr. Price even though he “writes” like me.

Mr. Price wrote: “American yellow processed cheese added during the grilling process so it melts into a gooey mess that oozes down the side… crispy iceberg lettuce… The patty is… juicy enough to leave fingers satisfyingly sticky.”

Back in May I wrote: “1. The patty is the juicy type. None of that cardboard frisbee Mc. stuff.
3. The cheese… excuse me for a minute… Almost every other place puts the cheese on during assembly. Burger Stop actually does it right! Melted over the patty as it cooks. The result is “Gooey Goodness”.”

[/quote]

Indeed.
Sure Mr. Price can write like you, but can he strip down to a posing pouch, paint himself silver, coat his entire head in congealed Sloppy Joes, and mambo backwards down An Ho Rd. at 4 am to the strains of Perez Prado’s “Voodoo Suite” with a feather duster clenched between his-

Oh, OK, maybe never mind.

I didn’t think you were. Do you write food reviews?? Sorry. I really don’t know 'boutyou or (what most folks do over here. I know funk500 teaches). I didn’t think Price would be a contributing forumosan, just some ‘food critic’ who lurks 'round here.

[quote=“elektronisk”]To set the record straight I am not Mr. Price even though he “writes” like me.

Back in May on page 1 of this thread I wrote: “1. The patty is the juicy type. None of that cardboard frisbee Mc. stuff.

.[/quote]
That is TOO funny! Caught with his trousers down, good and proper. :laughing:
Its not REALLY outright plagiarism, though, I guess – he DID put the words in a slightly different order. And after all, this IS Taiwan. If university profs can do it in peer-reviewed literaure, then surely its OK for a provincial newspaper hack. Right? Bit odd to state the source, though.:wink:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“elektronisk”]To set the record straight I am not Mr. Price even though he “writes” like me.

.[/quote]
That is TOO funny! Caught with his trousers down, good and proper. :laughing:
Its not REALLY outright plagiarism, though, I guess – he DID put the words in a slightly different order. And after all, this IS Taiwan. If university profs can do it in peer-reviewed literaure, then surely its OK for a provincial newspaper hack. Right? :wink:[/quote]
Try reading the movie reviews in CP :roflmao: the critic plagiarises stuff from the original movie’s website, and they still pay her :laughing:

Hey all,

The Burger Stop booth will only have Burgers, Fries, & Bottled Coke. You’ll have to come by The Burger Stop store for the full (but still limited) menu. :slight_smile:

We were giving coupons to anyone who mentioned that they saw us in the Taipei Times up through the end of June. There wasn’t much tracking being done as far as if you were a second or third time customer. I’m just happy that people keep coming back!

For this month, however, we are featured in the Taipei Walker Magazine, which has a killer coupon for a Double Stack Bacon Burger, Fries, & a refillable Soda for $110NT. I’d pick up the magazine for the coupon even if you don’t read Chinese!

See you all soon,

Dave
The Burger Stop

P.S. Yes, the Taipei Times was referring to Forumosa. I believe that is how the journalist found out about us.

My first visit to The Burger Stop was on May 5. Hoping to make a first hand review. Having to work late everyday, I rushed out as soon as I can, took B15 from XiZhi, then MRT to SYS station. Arriving at 8:58. Well, they were already in the process of cleaning up the kitchen. They lady at the counter was nice and answered some questions. Knowing that the shop hour is till 9pm.

Yesterday, read the TT review posted by Foritgurn. Noticed that on Friday and Saturday, the closing hour is extended to 10pm. So, I did some grocery shopping in Carrefour, figure I will have plenty of time to savour my burger later on. When I get there at 9:10pm, the sight ain’t comforting. They are hard at work…cleaning up, just like last time. Not wanting to just walk away in disappointment again, I went in. Chatted with a guy named Jackson. Really nice and friendly chap. He was surprised, when I told him that the store hour has been extended. He apologize for not being able to serve me the hamburger that I am craving for, but offer to make me a shake, for free. After refusing for the third time, I accepted this friendly gesture. The shake is very good. Haven’t had one for thirty years, but still like it. Of course, as I knew, my stomach started protesting some hours later. But anyway, he gave a very pleasant feel. Also found out that, in the combo special, the drinks can be swapped for a shake, just have to make up the difference of NT$30. All in all, I wasn’t upset, but rather, eager to make another try again.

Now, Burgerboy, you should make sure that the correct store hours is well publicized. Someone, unlike me, will bound to get upset over this. This information in not found on your website, nor on the menu within. Nor can it be found anywhere in your Wretch blog, and yes, I’ve just checked again for the forth or fifth time. I would recommend you guys to take a look of this site, even if you can’t read Chinese. :wink:

Managed to persuade the whole family to go there for dinner. Over all, very pleased. There are comments and criticisms, which I will post later on, after I get my home PC back into a stable condition.

Please don’t compare their burger with In-n-out, anymore. They are not in the same league. I regret going to In-n-out last November, while in LA, against my fuming buddy( and acting chauffer), who insisted that I should’ve try Father’s Office.

I took a party of twelve colleagues to TBS on Friday night. They were surprised by the fact that it closes at 9pm, but everyone was most impressed with the food and service. It was my first time as well, and I really enjoyed it. I also admired the decor. The whole look and feel is very polished, and I love the fact that you can see straight into a well organized and clearly hygienic kitchen. :thumbsup:

Hi guys and gals,

I would like to apologize for the closing time confusion. I will just take responsibility for it and make sure the staff is abiding by the posted times, which are Sunday - Thursday 11am to 9pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-10pm. I let them close early a few times on the Friday & Saturdays, after we had a couple of weekends where we didn’t have one customer come in after 9pm, so it became a regular thing. I will make sure it doesn’t happen again.

My apologies!

Dave

Thanks for letting us know Dave, that will help group planning. The milkshakes were universally admired by my colleagues, by the way.

Now I know who were giggling upstairs, while sipping on my milkshake.