The Burger Stop - Food and Service (CLOSED)

Last Saturday, finally persuaded my mom and wife to give The Burger Stop a try. It was hot and humid. Took us a little over ten minutes to get there. My five years old Jr kept on asking to take a taxi. As soon as we arrive, they were rushed to the 2nd floor seating area, where the A/C keep it nice and cool.

I got the coupon from their Wretch blog. A Double Stake Cheese Burger, French Fries and refillable soda, all for NT$100. This is not a deal, it is a steal. Since wife does not eat beef, the girl was kind enough to allow a change to the Fried Chicken Burger. Two fries were also upgraded to onion rings for an additional NT$20 each. An upgrade to milk shake adds NT$30.

The burger is excellent. Everyone seems praise the similarity to In-N-Out. Well, last time I had an In-N-Out Double-Double was about eight months ago, some what disappointed. They are very similar in appearance. In-N-Out has a slice of raw onion, which I prefer. The Burger Stop uses chopped grilled onion, probably more suitable for the general public here. The meat patties are thinner and too well done in Double-Double. The Burger Stop do it just right, just a hint of pink in the patties. All in all the taste just beats In-N-Out hands down. The only complain I have is that the sauce should be cut back a little. Half way through, got sauce dripping out of the wrapping. Gets pretty messy by the end.

Wife complained that the chicken is too dry. I found it to be OK. After all, it is chick breast. Might want to consider adding boneless thigh, that would better suit the taste of Taiwanese. McD and KFC (is it KGC now?) have been selling those really well.

The onion ring is made from fresh onion, unlike those re-combined stuff sold by the chains. Very tasty, but too greasy. I would recommend two or three to share one. The fries are pretty good too. Jr wound up eating fries only. The grill onion in burger some how put him off.

The impression I got previously was that the burger would not be enough for my appetite. Surprisingly, I was actually filled up. Two cups of soda might’ve helped.

The place is clean and the staffs are friendly and sincere. Making the dining experience a very pleasant one. While Jr was snooping around, he noted that the gap at the bottom the rail guard is too large. He insists that it is a hazard for kids, especially the younger ones, they can potentially slide through it and fall right down stairs. He may have a point. Adding plexi-glass panels, or two rows of metal rods should do.

I went again this Monday. Finally got to meet David. A very nice young man. A little shy, but talkative. He may have spotted a niche, when all other burger shops in Taipei are into an gourmet jumbo race. Wish him all the luck with The Burger Stop.

As a comparison, just for fun, here is the price of In-N-Out. Double-Double, $2.99. French fries, $1.29. Small soda, $1.20. Milk shake, $1.85. There is no discount for set at In-N-Out. So, for a set, the price is just about the same. Is this just an coincident?

Edit: Mom suggests to have somewhere to dump unfinished drink, before throwing the cup into the recycle bin. Also, some people may toss your not-so-cheap ceramic plate right into the bin.

Now I know who were giggling upstairs, while sipping on my milkshake.[/quote]

Yes, I’m afraid that was probably us.

Went again yesterday. I love Burger Stop, but I am trying to lose my gut… Or not trying that hard.

It was delicious. I think these are world class burgers. I avoid any sauce though. I am a mustard and ketchup guy.

The french fries were awesome. They seemed healthier than normal ones. Not as saturated in oil.

When you have a juicy burger, its nice to NOT have super greasy fries.

I finally got a chance to go today. My gosh, I will definitely be back soon. I enjoyed the Double Stack Cheeseburger w/ bacon and a side order of onion rings. Simple and yet delicious. I wish you the best of luck. Please don’t close down. haha.

Hey All,

I’m so glad that you are enjoying our food! On my end, I’ve been enjoying the opportunity to meet those of you who have introduced yourselves. I really appreciate all of the feedback, and I hope you are seeing some positive changes.

We have Chicken Bites on the menu now, which you can order as a side to your meal. We hand-make them, cutting small pieces of tender chicken meat dipped in our own flavorful batter and then lightly frying them. So far, they seem to be a big hit.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave

Now I know who were giggling upstairs, while sipping on my milkshake.[/quote]

Yes, I’m afraid that was probably us.[/quote]
You guys must have used very long straws.

I went last weekend and brought my gf this time. Excellent, and pretty quick too. We got onion rings this time. Delicious.

Also there are drink specials. 2 for 1 beers–at least Coors Light, and Miller. I drank a lot of them.

My only complaint is, I think the beer should be colder. I mean on the Coors label it says, when the mountains are blue, it is as cold as the rockies.

That is a small complaint really. I love this place. The burgers are really tasty.

Yeah American beer sure tastes bad when its warm enough to taste it.

We were happy to find the delivery option and put an order in this lunch for the office. So yummy!

True, if you are talking light beers, or macro brews. But the micro brewed beers in the US are world class.

But I still always like ice cold beer even a good micro brew like Bell’s, or Rogue. As for Macros in the US, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is great.

Whether you serve it at this temp or that temp is personal preference. I still get plenty of taste from an ice cold Bell’s Porter in a frosty mug.

More refreshing to me but that is subjective.

I read your post and promptly put in an order myself. The burger traveled extremely well - it was still well put-together and hot when I got it. The chocolate shake was heaven. Thanks Dave and all the staff at Burger Stop! You just made my day! :notworthy:

True, if you are talking light beers, or macro brews. But the micro brewed beers in the US are world class.

But I still always like ice cold beer even a good micro brew like Bell’s, or Rogue. As for Macros in the US, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is great.

Whether you serve it at this temp or that temp is personal preference. I still get plenty of taste from an ice cold Bell’s Porter in a frosty mug.

More refreshing to me but that is subjective.[/quote]

Coors and Miller taste bad at any temperature, but hey thats my opinion, millions worldwide probably don’t agree.

More refreshing to me but that is subjective.[/quote]

You girls sure get excited over someting that’s going to be pee in an hour.
Few Saturdays ago me and the chieflette stopped in to grab a bag of burgers to take home for lunch.
We’d been out on the scoot all morning and were hot as hell.
While we were waiting, The Man hooked me up with one of them Millers with the lime in it, frosty cold.
Went down like a damn, just the ticket.
And, obviously, the burgers were fantastic as ever.
Hmmm, maybe lunch this Saturday… :ponder:

I read your post and promptly put in an order myself. The burger traveled extremely well - it was still well put-together and hot when I got it. The chocolate shake was heaven. Thanks Dave and all the staff at Burger Stop! You just made my day! :notworthy:[/quote]

I don’t see the limitations required for delivery in this thread or on their site. What are the minimums?

Like Maoman said, I have taken burgers away and they still held up after a 1 hour commute.

I think it depends where you are and how much you ordered, but I’ll let Burger Dude sort that out for you. I paid an extra $100 for my burger, fries, and shake, and it was worth every penny. :thumbsup:

Just got back in from having had dinner there tonight. The consistency seems to be much better, although I have to say that they seem to be getting stingy with the batter on the onion rings. It’s gone from tons of the stuff to next to nothing… but hey, at least the burger was good…

Hey all,

I sure do appreciate all the feedback, good and bad, it’s all very helpful. Thanks so much!

Lately we’ve been getting lots of requests for delivery, so we have started to test the waters over the last month. Currently, we have a $1000 NT minimum purchase for delivery without charge. For orders less than $1000 NT, we add a $100 NT delivery fee. At the moment we can deliver any time, except from M-F 12-1pm. So make it an early or late lunch order and you are set.

These last few weeks we’ve received some larger delivery orders (over 100 burgers) which went very well, so we definitely had our capacity tested for these order volumes.

We are also getting a number of requests to cater events and parties, so there may be something in the works for that too. I’ll keep you posted.

Just to touch on a few feedback items:

1. I agree that beer should be icy cold. I will make sure to remedy that. We used to have the beer on ice all the time, but it would melt every 20 minutes, so we just started storing them in the large refrigerator. Perhaps I’ll store them in the ice inside the fridge… hmm
  2. Onion Rings should have a good amount of batter on them so you can get a taste of all that makes our onion rings so good. I’ll make sure that gets fixed. Ask for me next time you are in, LostSwede.

Again thanks for your patronage and comments.

Dave.

P.S. Our new website should be live in the next couple of days.

burgerstop.com

We invite you to visit our newly launched website, where a special online coupon is available (in both Chinese and English). Don’t forget to tell your friends!

http://www.burgerstop.com

We also post pictures regularly of our burger fans on facebook. Become a facebook fan and stay up to date on the latest Burger Stop news!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Taipei-Taiwan/The-Burger-Stop/275734311378

Thanks,

Dave

Staff at a local business owned by a friend of mine have decided that TBS is the location where they will have all their meetings from now on. The first experience hooked them.

Just looked at your website:

1. Your webpage content is very small. Maybe 1/3 the size of the overall page. I’m viewing Firefox 3.6.10. Are you giving away free binoculars to view your site?

2. Why does your ‘English’ tab have the American flag next to it? Is that to help American people navigate to their language?