The Career Morgue 2009

Well I’ve tried it for 2 years, but here’s too persistence. :smiley: Of course the year is almost over but like being a big enough Asshole/jackass/or saboteur is timeless.

For the month of Sept:

Serena Williams

Rep. Joe “You Lie” Wilson

Kanye “It’s all about me” West

I believe you couldn’t be more wrong about Joe “nobody” Wilson. The million dollars he’s collected since the incident will go a long way towards buying votes in future elections. Civility in the House has probably died though.

Nhelsino Piquet
he was shite anyway

he could pull an ABian on us, and escape via a Swiss bank account to a cozy life in Nicaragua. we can only hope.

A-bian is in Nicaragua? Really? :astonished:

i’m guessing he’d prefer there to where he is right now…

Just call it the Schadenfreude thread.

he could pull an ABian on us, and escape via a Swiss bank account to a cozy life in Nicaragua. we can only hope.[/quote]

He doesn’t have to. He is the new hero of the right wing nut cases. They love him and are making legal donations to his future campaigns.

[quote=“navillus”][quote=“urodacus”]
he (Joe Wilson) could pull an ABian on us, and escape via a Swiss bank account to a cozy life in Nicaragua. we can only hope.[/quote]

He doesn’t have to. He is the new hero of the right wing nut cases. They love him and are making legal donations to his future campaigns.[/quote]

His opponent, the democrat hopeful, has in the same time received 1.6 million, so that’s a net 0.6 million up there.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8269057.stm

[quote]Music veterans Chas and Dave have split after 35 years together, their agent has announced.

The duo recorded classic household name tunes such as Rabbit, The Sideboard Song and Snooker Loopy. [/quote]

End of an era :cry:

Mackenzie Phillips from “One day at a time”

Don’t know if you could break a career that’s been defunct for awhile but I think this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.

[quote=“Namahottie”]Mackenzie Phillips from “One day at a time”

Don’t know if you could break a career that’s been defunct for awhile but I think this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.[/quote]
you say this as if she’s to blame for what happened…

Well, honestly, as a parent you have a lot of influence and leverage over your children. There are things daddys do not do, they do not screw their daughters, no matter how many drugs the daughters have in their system.

I see Mackenzie Phillips as a victim only, and her father as a perp. Creep Alley?

[quote]In her new book, “High on Arrival,” she claims she had become sexually involved with her father in 1979, after he forced sex on her the night before she married a rock manager, Jeff Sessler. [/quote] I got that bit from CNN.

From the Chicago Reader: [quote]Once you make a grand pitch for Daley’s games, they’ll become your games too. Every scandal, cost overrun, and delay (and you were around this town long enough to know there will be plenty of each) will be laid at your feet by Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and all your other haters[/quote].

Sayonara…

[quote=“dablindfrog”][quote=“Namahottie”]Mackenzie Phillips from “One day at a time”

Don’t know if you could break a career that’s been defunct for awhile but I think this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.[/quote]
you say this as if she’s to blame for what happened…[/quote]

She was 18 when she started sleeping with him. So is it rape when you allow it again and again. IMHO, I watched both interviews on Oprah and it was sick. She basically is using her father’s fame to extend hers. I’d pretty much call it a very slick crackhead move to make money.

[wikipedia]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski[/wikipedia]

Roman Polanski (I know there’s a thread)

[quote=“Namahottie”]

She was 18 when she started sleeping with him. So is it rape when you allow it again and again. IMHO, I watched both interviews on Oprah and it was sick. She basically is using her father’s fame to extend hers. I’d pretty much call it a very slick crackhead move to make money.[/quote]

Things are more complex than that.

As a father, you have huge leverage over your kids, so yes, you can use that to get your way, without even the child thinking that as an abuse situation.

Identification with the perp is very normal for victims of sexual abuse.

[quote=“Namahottie”]

From the Chicago Reader: [quote]Once you make a grand pitch for Daley’s games, they’ll become your games too. Every scandal, cost overrun, and delay (and you were around this town long enough to know there will be plenty of each) will be laid at your feet by Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and all your other haters[/quote].

Sayonara…[/quote]

And so what. Cost overruns will not be an issue until after 2012, and only the vilest of vile would blame President Obama for those. The audience of the right wing hate spewers might think it Obamas fault, but come on, most Americans should be smarter than that.

If Obama is undone, it will be over health reform or Afganistan. He does not have any affairs, he is not corrupt, and he’s a very astute politician, so he will need an external calamity in order to be taken down.

He will be a lame duck president when attending though.

It’s not rape though when you’re Woody Allen and your daughter is adopted.