The cars are the stars

How about a new thread where the cars are the stars for the car enthusiasts ?

Finally got a chance to demo the new mid engined Corvette

The interior was quite special feeling it did feel like a super car

It drove really well in the brief demo I had in it all too brief

Although it has a giant v8 it’s a lazy 8 so the acceleration didn’t feel all that fast

The one I drove was not the ZO6 which supposedly does zero to sixty in 2.9

The stingray I drove supposedly does it in 3.9 which puts it in the same category as a TTRS

I guess because the car is big and heavy when I put my foot down it really didn’t feel all that fast

I’ve driven the TTRS which felt faster probably cuz it’s smaller

It’s a nice car to own for the looks though and at 100k is a bargain considering the Ferrari is 350k and up

Kind of kicking myself because in 2005 I got my 2003 RSX with 20k miles for 330 a month for five years and thousand down think it was I had a chance at the same dealership to get a 2005 Corvette That was practically brand new had only 5000 miles. It was a base model and I loved it. I had a chance to get it for only $130 a month more but for a whole year longer for six years instead of five years, I hesitated for a day and then that sold one of the reasons was because it was red and I really did not want a red Corvette that would be like a real ticket getter but I do kind of think What if I had gotten that car instead of the Acura I’m sure the Acura gave me much better service because there were times when I needed to have someone sit in the back like I had three people to carry around so in those times, the Corvette could not have done the work, but man, I still think I should have gotten that near brand new Corvette for $130 a month more probably a good deal at that time now of course Corvettes $100,000. I hear you can get a base model for less but right now there’s still a lot of dealers asking for a lot of markup so it’s probably not a time to get one yet but I guess in a year or two maybe could get a model for around $70,000 but that’s still not gonna be 460 a month so sometimes I wish I had taken that opportunity on the Corvette . The car will be 20 years old by now but you know what fiberglass body the body is not gonna rust and the big V8 is a lazy engine is still pretty much the same engine , that’s in the Corvettes today and they’re known to be fair to easy to fix when it goes bad been known to last quite a long time too so chances are that Corvette could still be in my possession today so anyway who knows probably should’ve gotten it then

1 Like

And it actually gets around 19 MPG if driven lightly which is amazing for a 6700 cc V8