The Chit Chat Cafe

[quote=“Jonah”]When are you open?
Slainte.
Happy Patricks day[/quote]

12 to 12…no green beer but Happy St. Patty’s Day to all the irish in all of us.

Last night on the way home from work I stopped by the Clit Trap Caf

[quote=“Richardm”]Last night on the way home from work I stopped by the Clit Trap Caf

Will I have attractive office girls clustering around me if I go and sit alone at a table in your cafe? I like the idea of lots of lovely chits vying for a chat with me.

Who knows, who cares, I no longer support The Chit Chat Cafe. In fact, could this thread be flamed please?

WTF??? no it can’t be flamed…u can’t just walk away from it like that…now my curiosities really picqued; prey tell why do you no longer support CCC?

i asked him the same question in an earlier PM, he replied it’s all in the Teaching in Taiwan thread somewhere.

But I agree, bear, he HAS to tell us what happened, after all that buildup and come on and then … nothing?

I asked him the same question in an earlier PM, he replied it’s all in the Teaching in Taiwan thread somewhere.

But I agree, bear, he HAS to tell us what happened, after all that buildup and come on and then … nothing?[/quote]

I don’t work there anymore. How much simpler can it be? I don’t want to slag them, but I also don’t want to use my connections here as a 'umosan to promote them.

oh go on just a little slag…you’ll feel better for it…i always feel better after i’ve had a little slag (drum roll, cymbal crash)

My manager was a pissant hypocrit.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

Enough said, Stewart. No harm, no foul. At least you had the good sense to walk away. Keep your chin up. :wink:

CK

This is English teaching; don’t take it so seriously.

The sign on the front says Chit Chat and then below “English” then something like coffee and food or something. Anyway, it does give an onlooker the impression that it is a venue for speaking English, and it looks as if you have to go through it to get to Wall Street English.
I go by there from time to time, and I have never seen more than one person in there, and I think that might have been bored wait staff.
I tell you, that building is cursed.

This is English teaching; don’t take it so seriously.

The sign on the front says Chit Chat and then below “English” then something like coffee and food or something. Anyway, it does give an onlooker the impression that it is a venue for speaking English, and it looks as if you have to go through it to get to Wall Street English.
I go by there from time to time, and I have never seen more than one person in there, and I think that might have been bored wait staff.
I tell you, that building is cursed.[/quote]

Thanks wolfie, I am not taking it seriously at all. I already have a job teaching some very smart kids, way less hours, way more pay…life’s good.

Yes…you are all right. It’s a scam to co-opt your english skills. You will be bombarded by students asking you all kinds of questions about grammar. Of course no pay, not even a free coffee. So if you don’t want to be hassled with stupid questions, stay away from Chit Chat cafe. :smiling_imp:

[quote]stay away from Chit Chat cafe.
[/quote]
Or tell them to piss off and quit bothering you. Or tell them to ask their teacher. Or tell it’ll cost them NT$1,200/hour for eight weeks, cash up front. What’s so hard about doing this?

[quote=“sandman”][quote]stay away from Chit Chat cafe.
[/quote]
Or tell them to piss off and quit bothering you. Or tell them to ask their teacher. Or tell it’ll cost them NT$1,200/hour for eight weeks, cash up front. What’s so hard about doing this?[/quote]

Or just stay away.

[quote=“Stewart Pendous”]

Yes…you are all right. It’s a scam to co-opt your English skills. You will be bombarded by students asking you all kinds of questions about grammar. Of course no pay, not even a free coffee. So if you don’t want to be hassled with stupid questions, stay away from Chit Chat cafe. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

And after all that stuff about it not being a scam to steal one’s English skills.

Huh, what’s that crashing sound? Oh, it’s your credibility crashing right through the floor and into the basement. :raspberry:

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“Stewart Pendous”]

Yes…you are all right. It’s a scam to co-opt your English skills. You will be bombarded by students asking you all kinds of questions about grammar. Of course no pay, not even a free coffee. So if you don’t want to be hassled with stupid questions, stay away from Chit Chat cafe. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

And after all that stuff about it not being a scam to steal one’s English skills.

Huh, what’s that crashing sound? Oh, it’s your credibility crashing right through the floor and into the basement. :raspberry:[/quote]

Wrong…it just sounds like my credibility…I can understand your confusion. What it is is actually vindictive sarcasm.

[quote=“Stewart Pendous”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“Stewart Pendous”]

Huh, what’s that crashing sound? Oh, it’s your credibility crashing right through the floor and into the basement. :raspberry:[/quote]

Wrong…it just sounds like my credibility…I can understand your confusion. What it is is actually vindictive sarcasm.[/quote]

Oh, then please accept my apologies. :laughing: And good luck with your new gig.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“Stewart Pendous”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“Stewart Pendous”]

Wrong…it just sounds like my credibility…I can understand your confusion. What it is is actually vindictive sarcasm.[/quote]

Oh, then please accept my apologies. :laughing: And good luck with your new gig.[/quote]

My dear Bane, no apologies neccessary. We’s all kith and kin.

Sounds like a great place to go and pick up private students, except that they’ve presumably already given their money to WSI.