The CIHL Wants You!

After a spectacular inaugural season of ice hockey, the CIHL is gearing up for season 2. This season will see the CIHL move downtown to the brand new Taipei Arena, a state of the art facility and an easy commute! Regular season starts at the end of October.

Players wanted: Don’t miss the chance to be part of an amazing Asian hockey experience. No equipment? No problem! Extra gear is available on loan for tryouts. For information about registration and tryouts, contact
Geoff at monoclub@yahoo.com or call 0935581578!

Way too much fun… even if I hadn’t played a game in 7 years, or played forward in 19 years. :astonished: Getting old, and feeling it a bit out there. Definitely a good time. :thumbsup:

Jaboney,

Glad to see you there last night and hope you’ll come out for the season.

Recruiting continues, so if you’re a puckhead and want to hit the ice,
contact Geoff at monoclub@yahoo.com or call 0935581578!

I had alot of fun last night too.
Anyone that can play should definitely get out.

Hey playaz, got a game schedule for the Nanjing/Dunhua arena?

When’s the next game? Josefus, you on a team yet?

God, I’d love a game, but I haven’t played in a proper team since I was a teenager and I’d probably get mesef killed. I’d love to come watch, though. Maybe have a skate. Maybe check out the curling situation.
You’d love curling 914 – you can drink while you play. It’s encouraged, even!

Funny you should mention curling, sandman. Old Scottish sport for old Scottish men. :noway: :wink:

I must admit, it’s not my manly choice of a sport but it IS quite fun! Where else would you ever see men with brooms EVER?

[quote=“914”]Funny you should mention curling, sandman. Old Scottish sport for old Scottish men. :noway: :wink:

I must admit, it’s not my manly choice of a sport but it IS quite fun! Where else would you ever see men with brooms EVER?[/quote]
OUCH! Oh well, I asked for it I suppose.
My broom at home has a glass insert in the handle that holds a half-bottle of whisky. Screws apart like a pool cue.
Plus, unlike hockey, you get to keep your teeth. I suppose that’s your cue for a quip about curlers having long ago lost all their teeth anyway. :wink:

No, and I’m not sure if I’ll get on one. :frowning:

I play nets, and there are about 7-8 guys competing for 4 spots.

:sunglasses:
Oh I’m sure.

Well, I’m going to go watch some hockey one day! Yeeha!

So um, CIHL folks…your games are on Saturday nights AFTER 8, right? :wink:

Or Sundays…right? :wink:

I play nets, and there are about 7-8 guys competing for 4 spots.[/quote]
When’s the next tryout? Spectators welcome?

Not sure when the next practice is, it MIGHT be next Sunday.

And yes, spectators are welcome.

And if you want to pick yourself up a stinky, sweaty hockey boy try the Shannon afterwards.

[quote=“Josefus”]Not sure when the next practice is, it MIGHT be next Sunday.

And yes, spectators are welcome.

And if you want to pick yourself up a stinky, sweaty hockey boy try the Shannon afterwards.[/quote]
Man, we need a White Spot here for post hockey grub.
Mm…stinky sweaty, smelly hockey boy and big, long, dangerous, intimidating equipment. What a sport indeed. :canada:

Kewl. I’ll check back here for update.

Edit: added this picture my lover sent to me.

I play nets, and there are about 7-8 guys competing for 4 spots.[/quote]

Which goalie were you?
With so many tenders, why not try playing out? That’s what I’m doing, and while hardly an offensive threat (or even in shape for this) I don’t think I made a complete ass of my self.

Did I? :astonished:

I was the big guy, white pads, grey jersey.

I haven’t been on skates in about 3 years, but I’ve been playing inline here for the last 3.

Who were you?
I felt pretty rough, but I expected that.

[quote=“Josefus”]Who were you?
I felt pretty rough, but I expected that.[/quote]
That’s me in black… the floater leaning on the skills of the fellas in grey.
I don’t feel too rough, save for a couple of muscles. A couple hours on ice is nothing next to five or six on inline blades, but the sudden turns, rushes and bursts are tough… draining.
It DEFINITELY felt GOOD to be out again. I needed that… need more of that.
Need some practice too! :laughing:

There are a couple of more shots on my flickr account. (click the www link below)

Are there any skating rinks in Kaohsiung? I really want to play hockey some day, but first step is learning how to skate :laughing:

[quote=“sandman”] Maybe check out the curling situation.
[/quote]

Sandman,

Just for you!

curling.com.tw/

Jaboney and Josefus, great to see you both out there last Sunday! Don’t worry too much; the old legs take a few weeks to get back into shape, especially where skating is involved.

914 - Thanks for your fan support! We’re working on being downtown every week, but the official opening of the rink to the public was only October 1st, and we’re still waiting for them to get organized and give us a firm ice time. For now, it looks like we’ll be splitting our time between the rink downtown when it’s available to us and the rink in Shijr when it’s not. Btw, we’ve pretty much made The Shannon our White Spot for post game/practice grub. So far they’ve been very accomodating to the amount of equipment, not to mention foul odor, that some of the players bring with them.

On another note, there is going to be a nation-wide tournament on October 15th & 16th at the Taipei Arena. This will feature an Asian and an International Division and the Asian Division will have groups from 12 yrs old all the way up to adults. The International Division will mostly be comprised of the expats that play or intend to play in the CIHL this season. I’ll post up the schedule as soon as it’s available; probably not til a day or two before the actual tournament, though.

Thanks for your support and we hope to see more of you out there!

CK

[quote=“914”]Hey playaz, got a game schedule for the Nanjing/Dunhua arena?

When’s the next game? Josefus, you on a team yet?[/quote]

Well I got drafted :slight_smile:

The league has expanded from 4 to 6 teams.

Jaboney’ll be out there playing too. Any other Forumosans?

No game schedule yet, but it’ll be posted when we have it.